How long after stopping the Pill

Megs555

Reaction score
Just wondering how long it took you lovely ladies to start ovulating again after stopping the pill, and how long it took to get pregnant after stopping the pill?

Thanks in advance!

I was on the nuvaring, not the pill, but I started ovulating on the second cycle since going off. However, I'm in my 6th cycle TTC and haven't had a sticky bean yet. Good luck!

I stopped pill 6th Oct and an only certain I od this cycle which is number 5 x

It took me almost exactly a year to get pregnant. I was on the pill for about 3-4 years before i stopped. When i stopped my cycles were very irregular. One would be 30 days and the next would be 55 days. I've been regular (28-30 days) for the past 3 months. Before that, i went to the gyno and she wanted to put me on pills to help me ovulate which I didn't want. I got blood work done and it verified that i was ovulating. So i guess it came down to timing then.

Depends on the type of pill, mini pill gets out of your system within hours of missing a pill and you start ovulating right away. Combined pill takes on average 4-6 months but there are variances. I was on combined pill 7 years, came off to ttc and got a Bfp when I tested as i still had not bled 6 weeks after taking the last pill. I have also fallen pregnant whilst taking the mini pill, never missed one, never took it late, wasn't sick or had antibiotics etc.

Good luck :)

I've been off the pill for 5 months but I'm on my 6th cycle. Not sure if I ovulated when I first came off because I wasn't temping. But my cycles went right back to normal. I know my hormones were crazy the first 5 cycles at least. I think they are finally back normal. Will find out Friday hopefully if number 6 was our lucky cycle. Good luck to you :)

I ovulated a couple of weeks after stopping the pill. It took us 4 cycles (about 4 months) to get pregnant.

Same with me, stopped October and absurley O'd this month in feb! Still waiting to test until the begining of March!

Yes I have had the same issue. I stopped in October and had my period approx every 32 days until jan was due around jan 25th and no period, I'm on cycle day 65! But I'm nearly positive I ovulated this month around the 15th positive OPK with O pains for a day on my left side. I am waiting until March 1-2 to test!!! Damn the pill lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->