how long can hubby stay with me in hospital?

I know its a ward, and they have to keep people away. And I will have been through labour, but its not just my baby!! Why can't other half stay, its just so wrong.

I think men get a raw deal out of everything, from paternity to everything else :(

i completley agree tehy should get to share in the first moments too and not just be ushered out because visiting times are over its crap. and i guess if other women tehre dont have partners then that might be there choice not to have them there it shold be an individual choice.

he more i think about it the more i am considering a home birth.

My hospital got there at 1:30am, i was in full labour. I had her at 6:47am, visiting hours started at 8. My mam, dad & grandma couldnt all stop. So my mam & dad left at around 8ish, grandma stopped with me. They returned at 2ish i was out by 4.

This is problem i have, i totally do not want to stop in hospital on my own. I'll end up discharging myself or something, i have big fear/problem.

I'm the same as you hun, I'm terrified of being in the hospital overnight on my own and OH has said that he doesnt want to go home without us and has said he will chain himself to my bed if he has to!

Does anyone know what the policies are if your OH is registered disabled? My OH has Multiple Sclerosis and doesnt do so well without me around so it would worry me that he'd be at home on his own if I were to stay in.

Dont blame him, it isnt right.
Id like my OH still to be there for help and support, thought of being left a night on my own with newborn scares me, even though i know i can do it, just need have someone close to me.
According to what some girl told me hospital am going to this time doesnt have wards, all private rooms.

Since the whole swine flu saga, most hospitals have revised there visiting hours!!

mine was 8-8 but its now 7-8 just one bloody hour!!!

I could probably cope but i would just feel sorry for my partner. I know its prob a little different but could you imagine leaving your little one there with your man. It must be horrible to leave. (i may be wrong and he may love the idea of a good night sleep lol).
Dont think i will be allowed a home birth, I plan on leaving asap though and hope i will be allowed i am only 5 min away from the hospital. Fingers crossed all goes well.

If this is the way it works, then if OH gets kicked out, I'll be going with him, and I don't care what state I'm in.

He got me into this, and I'm damned sure he'll be there to pick of the pieces too, thank you! He can just fling me over his shoulder :)rofl:!) and carry me out, because I'm not bloody staying without him.

End of discussion.

Although, apparently at the hospital I'm going to, they have a sofabed for OH's in the low dependency suite (I'm high dep though - bugger), so I'm not sure how it all works anyway...

With my first i had an emergency section and when i went up to the ward at 9ish he had to go home which was a shame cause or son was early adn was a shock to us both...

With chloe and jamie he went at around 8ish both times.

OH was allowed with me all the time I was in the labour ward. Once I was moved to the maternity ward partners were only allowed in from 10am-12.30pm and 2pm -9pm.

With my son i was induced at 10am, my then partner & also my mum stayed with me right through til i gave birth 8.50am the following morning. Partner went home around 10am ish, mum stayed, I was given a private room on delivery afterwards as they needed the room & people were allowed to visit me here, I went onto the ward just after dinner ish & if i remember rightly normal visiting was til 7pm & partners got til 8pm then they had to leave.

I can't see what the problem is tbh, If you have baby close to 8pm they do not just kick oh out you do get time but once on the ward yes he has to go which is fair enough, They are only concerned with the mother & baby not the father.
Somebody next to you talking with their partner whilst you are trying to sleep/rest is a bit annoying when your knackered. Tbh i think the blokes would be glad of some quiet sleep too of course they'll want to be with you, but spending a night in a hospital is hardly the end of the world, especially when all you end up doing is staring & smiling at your new baby. You are not alone either the midwives are all there to help you & they were fine to have a chat if you needed too.

Our hospital rules around children visiting have changed though, Family children are no longer allowed other than your own far as i know. So people with children must come without them i guess this could make visiting a little hard for some people though but then again you don't exactly want kids round you either.

well i hope i have little one early in the day and i will go home the same day i cant see me staying in without hubby i dont want to be without him if there is no reason for me to stay in then ill go home asap. can they stop you leaving hospital if you want to go?

no they cant stop you BUT you do have to sign paperwork saying you are discharging yourself. depending on circumstances you may have docs "telling you the risks" and making you sign that yyou have been warned of risks etc.

mynx - i would imagine with your OH having MS that you would be allowed him with you....I would check it out, they would prob put you in a private room, I know it works the other way around (if you were to have it for example)

I wish OH could stay with me - i dont want to be on my own cos when we get home we wont have time together will we cos the in laws etc will be over :grr:

My husband stayed with my through my enitre 25 hour labor/birth. Baby was born at 6:19am so after they got me into my room, I told him to go home and sleep. Then he came back and was able to stay the night if he wanted. I didnt make him though. THey only have these rocking chairs for guests and my hubby is 6'5''. Partners are allowed to come and go whenever they want, they just need to check in and register as a guest when visting hours are over.

Check with the hospital so you have a plan before. I am not going to make my husband stay this time either. Plus he has to take care of our son too.

mynx - i would imagine with your OH having MS that you would be allowed him with you....I would check it out, they would prob put you in a private room, I know it works the other way around (if you were to have it for example)

I wish OH could stay with me - i dont want to be on my own cos when we get home we wont have time together will we cos the in laws etc will be over :grr:

Thanks for that hun, I think we'll look into that when we have our antenatal classes and the hospital tour :)

No worries - I hope they can do something hunny :hugs: must be worrying enough for you! Your daughter is stunning btw :D

my hospitals said that partners cant stay the night which is bit silly cuz if i went into labour at like 3pm and didnt actually have the babe till 1am next morning he would be able to stay with me for the whole time i was in labour but then have to leave as soon as me and baby were settled on the ward!! im bit worried bout this i dont wanna be alone after such a trauma especially as its my 1st baby i can see myself getting worked up and in a state if hes not there with me :( x

No worries - I hope they can do something hunny :hugs: must be worrying enough for you! Your daughter is stunning btw :D

Thanks hun :hugs: She's my little (not so little now tho lol!) angel :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"