How long can I keep homemade food for?

chezababy

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
I'm starting my lo on mashed foods so I'm going to make my own. If I'm just using veg and fruit how long is it ok in the fridge for after I have made it?

Fresh for up to a week
Frozen up to two months in air tight containers.
I pureed foods then put them into ice cube trays and once frozen into labelled ziploc bags and into a plastic freezer tupperware container one cube equals around an oz of food so you take out as many cubes as you need for that meal and keep the rest frozen.

Of course oxidizing foods like banana and avocado should be made fresh each time as they brown and just look nasty :)

Thank you. I'm just starting with basics like potato, carrot etc as I don't really know what I'm doing. If you have any good recipes that would be great.

I keep hm baby food up to 3 days in glass jar. If it's going to longer I freeze it like the pp said.

recipe from yesterday that my LO loved: 1/2 cup pumpkin diced, 4 broccoli florets, I steam them for 10-15 min, puree them, season w/ few drops fresh lemon juice and olive oil. My baby doesn't like sweet tastes, but loves tarty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->