how long did it take for your hormones to show negative

fandabby

Mom to 4 + 1 Angel
Reaction score
Hi, I started to miscarry on 4th October, heavy bleeding, clotting, contractions etc then that weekend what I thought passed pregnancy tissue.

So now still bleeding, however is lighter and appears darker on the pad. Still light cramping.

I did a pregnancy test last thursday which would be 7 days on from heavy bleeding - strong positive. I did another today, still positive but slightly lighter in colour.

Hormones feel up and down. I can be fine one minute, then like a switch flicked I rage and burst into tears. This process is hard. My husband is now worried that I might be suffering with post natal depression.

I rang my unit last week because I was losing so much so fast and they told me to expect it for upto 3 weeks. If I test positive then I should ring them back.

How long did it take for your levels to reduce back to normal.
And
From a natural miscarriage did you have any complications like tissue left behind.?

Thanks for reading....

I was told to wait 3 weeks before testing. Then ring after that if it was still showing positive. Mine was natural with no complications. X

I was told to wait 3 weeks before testing. Then ring after that if it was still showing positive. Mine was natural with no complications. X

Thanks. My 3 weeks is up nx thursday. Did you bleed for all that time too? I assume you tested at 3 weeks and it was negative? It's such a long process and want to feel normal again.

I was told to wait till week three to test, but I caved! I tested two weeks after mc and got a strong positive, and then at three weeks I did another which was a little bit lighter. At 5 weeks they went negative and by 8 weeks I was getting positive opks xx

I bleed for 10days. Then I just waited till 3 weeks to test as I didn't want to worry myself testing earlier. Yes it was negative. Then my period started one week later which was a lot heavier than normal.

I was told to wait till week three to test, but I caved! I tested two weeks after mc and got a strong positive, and then at three weeks I did another which was a little bit lighter. At 5 weeks they went negative and by 8 weeks I was getting positive opks xx

Thanks for your insight. I caved to and tested one week and two week and still positive. I'll hang in now until week three and hope it will be negative so we can move on.

I bleed for 10days. Then I just waited till 3 weeks to test as I didn't want to worry myself testing earlier. Yes it was negative. Then my period started one week later which was a lot heavier than normal.

Hopefully my period will come soon after I stop bleeding so we can plan to try again. Although emotionally I don't think I am quite ready for that but it helps to distract me thinking of the future.

Thanks for replying.

It took me 6+ weeks for the hcg to be less than 5. But I ovulated anyway about 3 weeks after the initial bleeding.

My first mc i was 6 weeks preg (should of been 8/9) it took me two weeks for bfn, then i got preg again before af and when i was 10 weeks lost the baby (baby was again only 6 weeks) and it took 3 weeks for a bfn

My first mc i was 6 weeks preg (should of been 8/9) it took me two weeks for bfn, then i got preg again before af and when i was 10 weeks lost the baby (baby was again only 6 weeks) and it took 3 weeks for a bfn

Sorry for your losses. I was due to test again today but I didnt. Bleeding has slowed now as has cramping so hopefully will stop over next few days. Plan may be to test over weekend which will put me just over 3 weeks.

Good luck with your journey, we will try again after my af shows.

My doc has been doing blood tests. 10/15 I was at 28,000 then 10/22 it was all the way down to 262. So hopefully next week it'll be 0.
I was 11+5 weeks

It varies. It's usually 2-3 weeks after a m/c before my hpts go BFN and my labs go back to 0, then 3-4 weeks after that before AF shows. However, this time I had a BFN 9 days after my m/c (didn't test between 3 days post m/c and 9 days post m/c so don't know when for sure it went BFN) and my opks went positive around 20 days post m/c so it's looking like this cycle will be 5 weeks instead of my usual 4 weeks. Hoping so. I'm impatient and I'm supposed to wtt from now until I get the all clear from my dr due to health issues. I just want to get back to ttc...

Hi ladies

Just to let you know I am testing negative now 3weeks 1day since mc started, still bleeding though but is much lighter.

Hopefully bleeding will stop soon so AF can come and we can think about trying again.

Thank you all for your replies and I wish u all well and luck that your dreams and desires come true.....

:hugs:

It varies. It's usually 2-3 weeks after a m/c before my hpts go BFN and my labs go back to 0, then 3-4 weeks after that before AF shows. However, this time I had a BFN 9 days after my m/c (didn't test between 3 days post m/c and 9 days post m/c so don't know when for sure it went BFN) and my opks went positive around 20 days post m/c so it's looking like this cycle will be 5 weeks instead of my usual 4 weeks. Hoping so. I'm impatient and I'm supposed to wtt from now until I get the all clear from my dr due to health issues. I just want to get back to ttc...

Good luck dairymomma, hope you get your sticky BFP soon. :dust:

Thanks Fandabby. I'm hoping the same for you. I was due Dec 29 with my 7th m/c so it'd be great to get a BFP by then (best Christmas present EVER, right? :haha:)but I'd have to get the all-clear from the dr tomorrow for that to happen so really I'd settle for a new BFP before my most recent due date in May since I'm thinking it'll take a few more months to get my health issues sorted out.

Thanks Fandabby. I'm hoping the same for you. I was due Dec 29 with my 7th m/c so it'd be great to get a BFP by then (best Christmas present EVER, right? :haha:)but I'd have to get the all-clear from the dr tomorrow for that to happen so really I'd settle for a new BFP before my most recent due date in May since I'm thinking it'll take a few more months to get my health issues sorted out.

Good luck and stay positive - it will happen :dust:

Fingers crossed you will sort your health in no time and same for your BFP...

:dust: to all of us!!!
We all deserve take home babies!!

Took me 3 MONTHS for the hormone to go down ... Itreally is something that is different from woman to woman.

My story probably won't offer too much clarity for you, but I'm hoping that in this thread I might also find some support. My miscarriage has dragged on forever, but I think you are off to a much more positive start than I was.

Maybe others here could help me not lose my mind:
My pregnancy plateaued around the 6th/7th week, in early August. Around August 5th. We knew this through my hcg numbers leveling out around 17,000 and the ultrasound not showing anything much beyond a sac that was irregular. And, here is is, November 1st, and I'm still tracking my hcg.

FIRST, the miscarriage was "missed," so I waited and waited. 3 weeks later on Aug. 25th, I finally had what I thought was the miscarriage. Notable, sudden flow. But it did fizzle out a little quickly, but for three more weeks I had light flow then spotting. Doctor said that was okay, just tapering off/resolving.

THEN, seemingly out of nowhere, on September 16th, I started bleeding very heavily. Soaking pads every 30 minutes, passing lots of tissue. Guess it wasn't over! Went to the ER and lo and behold, my hcg was at 6,000. I passed so much tissue and blood that night, but luckily my clotting factor and blood pressure indicated that I was handling it.

So, apparently, I had both a missed miscarriage, and then an incomplete miscarriage. It would have been nice if my doctor had just checked once on my hcg following the first bleed. Then maybe we would have known this was coming.
Since September 16th, when it was 6,000, we have been tracking my hcg weekly. And now, 7 weeks later, it's at 17.2. I'm really, really upset tonight because my rate of decline is slowing, and because this has been so unusual and prolonged. I went from 21.5 last week to 17.2 this week:
8/9: 18,752
Late August: Bleeding, thought was over
Monday 9/16: 6,027 (ER visit)
Friday 9/20: 1,156
9/27: 425
10/3: 193
10/10: 84
10/18: 34
10/25: 22
11/1: 17

I just can't believe how long this is taking. I find people online saying it "can" take weeks, but having that abnormal aspect along with all of the other abnormal aspects of my miscarriage (missed+ incomplete/2 bleeding episodes) is very much taking its toll on my mental health.

I worry about choriocarcinoma. I worry about retained tissue. I worry I've become pregnant again accidentally through safe foreplay (no intercourse). Getting pregnant again would be awful. I'm 39 and this is my 3rd miscarriage in 2 1/2 years. I'm done. My doctor says as long as it keeps dropping, we're okay. But I don't trust him anymore after he paid little attention to me in the time after my first bleed and so we did not know it was incomplete.

As for the original poster, get your hcg checked a few times if it would help you feel confident that your miscarriage is completing. Though, I notice you are from the UK, and I've heard they don't check hcg levels much over there. Has a doctor talked to you about that?

P.S. I should add that I also was taking progesterone supplements during my few weeks of pregnancy to address a possible deficiency. I have no idea if that added to why this was missed, then incomplete.

Wow wanttomoveon, I'm so so sorry for all you've been through. It's really heartbreaking. We've been through 4 mc's this year.
I would change doctors because of their lack of attention! That's borderline irresponsible. My doctor has been extremely attentive. The day we figured out my babies weren't alive, they did a D&E days later, 2 more u/s after to make sure there was no more tissue and bi weekly blood tests AND meds to make sure my body goes back to normally as quickly as possible.
I would get a second opinion at least to make sure everything is normal and just taking longer to resolve.
I wish there were words that could make everything better, but sadly time seems to be the big thing for me that's helped. That and hugs from my man! Although these bnb girls are awesome and very comforting!
Praying the hcg gets out of your system soon so you can get start healing properly!

It can take some time for your bhcg to come down...

I got my bfp on sept 18th and started bleeding sept 25.
My bhcg that day was already only 300.
I was still bleeding 4 weeks later and on oct 23 my bhcg was still 28. I am still bleeding now almost 6 weeks after it initially started, but it is finally starting to slow to just light spotting. I go for another on Wednesday and am really hoping it is <5. I have had two ultrasounds since and they have both shown that my uterus is empty.

It is crazy that a loss at just over 5 weeks pregnant can cause bleeding for nearly 6 weeks now. My doc has no explanation as to why i am still bleeding, and can only tell me that for some women it just takes a long time. I am so ready for this to be over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->