how long did it take for your hormones to show negative

wanttomoveon--careful! You are being sucked into B&B world :haha:

I have a friend who, to her knowledge, has only ovulated once on her own ever. It was right after a mc!

wanttomoveon--careful! You are being sucked into B&B world :haha:

I have a friend who, to her knowledge, has only ovulated once on her own ever. It was right after a mc!

I know! Some of the acronyms still confuse me, but I have most of them down now! :haha: It certainly is its own little world.

Wow even more information I didn't know about, very interesting!

Ahh Friday will give you a new number! Hope it's really low... like below 5 ;) are you going to ttc ASAP or wait a bit? I'm not sure weather to wait for my next af.

I haven't really spoke to a doctor about it I only get to speak to nurse who speaks to a doctor once they know the results then the nurse tells me what we need to do next. I have asked a few questions but they don't really give me a straight answer apart from... sometimes it just makes time! I spoke to a doctor who did the laporpscopy in August when they thought it was ectopoc but this was only 2 weeks after the mc started. I was really annoyed that they didn't do a d&c when I was under general anaesthetic, when I questioned them they said the sac was so tiny that they could of missed it.
It's a bit of a conveyor belt when I go in lots of waiting and a quick appointment to have blood taken.
Ooh Also I have stopped bleeding (I think) another few days and I can be sure it's ended. So now i can just wait for ovulation or af. I am going to test in the morning to see whether I need to have more blood tests for hcg.

Ugh - that's what I deal with too - probably why so many of us are online looking for information and support. I hate playing the telephone game with the nurse as the conduit for the info. It makes it hard to ask immediate follow-up questions, and I wonder about info getting mismashed (as the telephone game itself makes clear to all kids). yeah, I just get the "as long as it keeps going down." There are just no norms for prolonged, atypical mcs like ours.

Because I didn't have surgery, no tissue analysis was done, so I guess a "partial molar" isn't off the table. But the doctor (via the nurse) said we're okay...."as long as it keeps going down." With your laparoscopy, you should have some comfort that yours wasn't molar/partial molar, right?

Nope...no interest in TTC now or ever again. This is my 3rd mc in 2 1/2 years, and I'm just tired of it. We didn't start trying until we were 37, and now I'm 39. Give the other increased risks with my age, I just think it's time to close the door. For the most part, that's okay. I can live with it. What about you? Sounds like you're motivated and ready to try again? That's great news that your bleeding may have finally stopped. Good luck with the next result!

Ughhh ladies. My level is still not 0!! I'm so close at 14!!
It's gone from 28,000 to 262 to 38 and now 14. Seriously body, does it have to take a whole month to reset?!

Wantomoveon - yep it sis spoke frustrating dealing with all that I'm glad that I hopefully won't have to good back there anymore!

So have they done any scans with you? Can't they determine molar by that? They never mentioned that to me so glad I didn't worry about it, although it did cross my mind. I don't think they analysed any tissue from my lapotpscopy , I got taken as an emergency as hgc was 13,000 and all they could see was a sac so they we're certain there was something more developed somewhere, me and dh wasnt convinced as had no pain at all. So went for op and when I came round they said they found nothing in tubes, that was it nothing more to say.

I'm really sad that this is the end for you. I guess you have come to terms with it and you have been through enough: (
We would love to conceive soon but I'm worried about another Mc or worse. We have a son who is 2.5 and I know we are so lucky to have him and I often squeeze him so tight and tell him how much I love him.

Today I did a test first thing this morning, it was negative... I think, I saw no line this morning but since coming back from work in some lights I think I can see a faint line lol, no more bleeding though so hopefully this is it.

Leahlou - join the Crew lol. Have you been having tests weekly?

I'm so sorry ladies. All these losses break my heart.

I'm getting blood taken weekly until they hit zero. Such a pain. It's starting to really burn when they stick me because the scar tissue's building up from getting it done over and over and over again!

I was at 435 on Tuesday. Hoping that I am much lower next week when I go back. I only miscarried this weekend.

That's great Petzy. Looks like you don't have too far to go. My last number was 35. My wondfo HPTs don't have a line anymore and I think my body is gearing up to ovulate. Pretty bad pains near my right ovary!

They did ultrasounds early in the pregnancy, when my hcg started plateauing around 18,000. There was just a gestational sac, and it had an irregular shape. I had three done in about 1 1/2 weeks before the agreed that growth had stopped. I didn't know to directly ask about molar then. From what I've read though, I think it's clear it wasn't molar. That would have been obvious, but I now have read things about "partial molar," and how that's easier to miss on an ultrasound.

My doctor here didn't do another ultrasound until I was in the ER in mid-September. All he saw there was "clear" and what looked like clots (that definitely came out that night). But I'm nervous because I read about these "little" pieces of tissue that can't be seen, and my rate of hcg decline slowed last week. But, I keep telling myself, I feel good. All of my energy is back, I'm running, and I've had one period. I hope that's meaningful.

I did reach out to two OBs this week, from where I used to live, and both are more concerned than my doctor here. One is concerned that there is retained tissue. I really think it all hinges on tomorrow's reading.
I'm either fine and it's just very very slow
Or there's retained tissue
Or there's retained partial molar tissue

Well at least for all of us on here now the hcgs are still declining -- that's better than increasing at this point!

Glad you got that negative home test TootyFruity!! Have you had a beta test to get the exact number?

Wish me good luck tomorrow. Ideally it would be <5.0 but the way things are going it would still be progress if it was <12...
.... I'm not much of a prayer, but if any of you are...well, if you felt like it, please send them my way. :flower:

Wantomoveon - yep it sis spoke frustrating dealing with all that I'm glad that I hopefully won't have to good back there anymore!

So have they done any scans with you? Can't they determine molar by that? They never mentioned that to me so glad I didn't worry about it, although it did cross my mind. I don't think they analysed any tissue from my lapotpscopy , I got taken as an emergency as hgc was 13,000 and all they could see was a sac so they we're certain there was something more developed somewhere, me and dh wasnt convinced as had no pain at all. So went for op and when I came round they said they found nothing in tubes, that was it nothing more to say.

I'm really sad that this is the end for you. I guess you have come to terms with it and you have been through enough: (
We would love to conceive soon but I'm worried about another Mc or worse. We have a son who is 2.5 and I know we are so lucky to have him and I often squeeze him so tight and tell him how much I love him.

Today I did a test first thing this morning, it was negative... I think, I saw no line this morning but since coming back from work in some lights I think I can see a faint line lol, no more bleeding though so hopefully this is it.

Leahlou - join the Crew lol. Have you been having tests weekly?

wantomoveon- it sounds like there is nothing suspicious going on, you're hormones have been dropping steadily and i think that shows a lot. also i think everyone on this thread has just had slow dropping hormones with no other complications so it must just happen like that sometimes.

please let us know how you got on today, really hope they were low,low,low :flower:

and anyone else got any results?

Ladies, I'm confused with myself... I tested with an O test and wondfo on Monday after I got my bloods drawn when my level was at 14.. I tested again today because I was supposed to get AF a week ago and I started cramping yesterday and today with nothing but watery CM... My tests both got DARKER. What is going on with me????

I can add a picture!!

will your doctor do another beta? Could it be that your levels ARE going up??!!

I have another test scheduled for Monday, so we will see! If they are we'll be in trouble!!

Is your doctor asking you to wait to ttc? Well happy oops if your betas are rising :) Let me know what your test says Monday. I get a beta on Monday as well. My last one was 35 and I'm hoping this will be the last blood draw they need to prove that my mc is complete.

We are in a similar boat!
She advised us to wait for a couple normal cycles but my hubby is ready to go! He is not very patient, especially when it comes to TTC!
My betas 2 Mondays ago were 38, this past Monday 14 so we'll see whether they've gone down or up!
I'm kind of hoping down so my body has a chance to relax and reset but a rainbow pregnancy is always welcome :) Based on that hpt I did earlier, I think it's either stayed the same or gone up! If so, I'll probably be watched like a hawk and have an u/s asap!

Leahlou- gosh that must be hard to wait till Monday. I'd want tried know now! I would of thought if its getting darker then you're hormones are going up and that came only mean one thing!: )
Let us know x

wantomoveon- it sounds like there is nothing suspicious going on, you're hormones have been dropping steadily and i think that shows a lot. also i think everyone on this thread has just had slow dropping hormones with no other complications so it must just happen like that sometimes.

please let us know how you got on today, really hope they were low,low,low :flower:

and anyone else got any results?

Thank you for your positive outlook Tootyfruity! Yes, got my result back and it was 11.1. That's actually good, because the rate of decline went back up to 35% instead of the previous week's 20% that was freaking me out.

So I feel a little more sane, though still exhausted by having a 3+ month long process hang over my head, monitoring hcg "in case" it plateaus and shows that there is retained tissue:
August 9: 18,700
September 16: 6,000
9/27: 425
10/3: 193
10/10: 84
10/18: 34
10/25: 22
11/1: 17.2
11/8: 11.1

If this 35% trend continues, it will still be another two weeks to get to negative, but I will happily take that to instead finding out that after all of this hell there is a need to get a D&C for some microscopic piece of tissue.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else's tests go this week. Sounds like Lealou and Slg 76 are getting results Monday....wishing you the best.

Thanks everyone for being here.

Yes wantomoveon that's a good drop! Let's hope it continues.
You know I'm really tempted to get my levels checked I'm kind burying my head in the sand I think. I would of thought mines around the same, I'm not convinced it's all gone :(

Hey there,

Yeah, I can understand not wanting to test further. It's quite the roller coaster! You did get that negative on the at-home test, so that's great. But something to think about is that the lowest hcg level that "early" pregnancy tests read is around 20, so there is that gap between the goal (<5.0) and the level those home tests pick it up. If your doctor isn't concerned, then you could just go with that conclusion, but if it would ultimately give you peace of mind, maybe get the beta test?

What does your doctor say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->