how long did it take for your hormones to show negative

Let's see your picture, LeahLou! I love to look at sticks!!! :haha:

Hey there,

Yeah, I can understand not wanting to test further. It's quite the roller coaster! You did get that negative on the at-home test, so that's great. But something to think about is that the lowest hcg level that "early" pregnancy tests read is around 20, so there is that gap between the goal (<5.0) and the level those home tests pick it up. If your doctor isn't concerned, then you could just go with that conclusion, but if it would ultimately give you peace of mind, maybe get the beta test?

What does your doctor say?

Hmmm half of me has the attitude of ignorance is bliss but the half wants to know the truth. When I got the last result of 38 the nurse said test in 2 weeks and if it's negative u don't have to come back. I did get a negative then the faintest line a few days later and that line came up about 15 mins after testing. so I could go with either lol. I might call the epu and explain and see what they say.

Leahlou post you're pics so we can have a look x

image.jpg

Alright ladies. The tests marked with 14 are from last Monday when I got my blood drawn. The others are from Friday. Haven't done anymore since I get my blood drawn again tomorrow!

well friday's are definitely darker!! Was your urine more concentrated that day? If that isn't the difference than it looks like your hcg is going up. I've heard of hcg levels fluctuating during early pregnancy but I don't know if that applies to dropping levels during a mc. So curious to hear what is going on with you :)

I took my tests at the same time of day and it wasn't very concentrated either day so I'm anxious to figure all this out!
Maybe it was a bad wondfo and I O'd the day before? I was crampy on the left side.
I wish this was more straight forward!

yes, very strange indeed. I'm sure we all wish our bodies were more straightforward :wacko:
Your HCG from the mc is defo low enough that it shouldn't show on the LH test anymore. But your HCG seems to be rising again per your HPT and than that would explain why your LH test got darker.
the only things I can come up with are that you had a bit of retained tissue from your mc that is causing fluctuating levels or you are pregnant again. As I typed that I realized how NOT helpful it is to tell you that you either are or are not pregnant :rofl:
Can you get another beta on Monday?

I did some internet research last night (mostly women's personal stories). Some people say you can't ovulate till HCG is 0 which I don't think is true at all. Some people say HCG needs to be lower than 100. But, there seems to be a lot of women who say at 20-30 is the magic number that stimulates ovulation.

Sooooo...Let's say since your beta two mondays ago was 30 you ovulated then. I think your HCG would continue to drop since there is no implanted embryo to produce HCG. If an embryo implanted after that ovulation than you would be 13 dpo and would expect a positive HPT just about now. What do you think? Did you BD two weeks ago?

Feel free to ignore if you think differently :ignore:

Just saying in my mind it seems possible that you are pregnant. Who knows though what our bodies are really doing right now :shrug: Are you hoping to be pregnant or are you supposed to be waiting? If I remember right you doctor told you to wait a month? Everything I've read says that waiting is just to accurately date a potential new pregnancy.

They've been watching me like a hawk because of the year we had with mc's. I've had 2 u/s and the most recent showed nothing left. Yay!

My doctor thinks I probably did O because I haven't had AF yet. Just had betas done so I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

We didn't start BDing again though until last week and I think that's when I O'd. Which means we probably caught it because we enjoyed it at least every other day :haha:

DH is so wanting another baby so he's worse than me with symptom spotting!! I didn't eat much breakfast this morning because I was nauseous and he was like "What!! Really?! Should you test??" Funny man!

I think the doc would watch me real close again if I am preggers again and scold us a little but it's not that big of a deal. There's no medical reason to wait, she just wanted to make sure my levels were decreasing.

Thanks for all the advice and research!! Tomorrow is so far away.....!!! :haha:

I know how it feels when a day feels like forever! Looking forward to seeing what your beta is :)

:dohh: I got my blood drawn today. The nurse called and said they ran the wrong test so they won't have my beta level until tomorrow.

sigh.. slg that sucks!!

I get mine drawn wednesday!!! I was at 323 last week, so really hoping for somewhere between 150 - 200 this week :) is that too ambitious?

I don't think that's too ambitious. Should your rate be dropping "normally" now, whatever "normal" is? Mine has been dropping by 50% about every 3 days. Let's hope for 150 :thumbup:

Leahlou that all looks and sounds promising can't wait to see your results. It would be lovely to have a new pregnancy on this thread.

Slg76 how annoying they did the wrong test. Also really interested to see your results. My last hcg was 38 3 1/2 weeks ago but I'm still getting a faint line.

I did another test yesterday ( I really need to stop testing) and the line was faint but definitely there, I called the epu and they said to wait another week or so because I had heavy bleeding since my last test and it could take time for levels to drop since then.
It's so frustrating cause. I've kept the tests and I have negative ones from a few weeks ago and positive since then, I guess with such a low hcg level they can fluctuate, I don't think it's possible this could be a new pregnancy.

Also wanted to add I had a bit of brown discharge yesterday (Sorry tmi ) and I have had period type cramps.... confused!

Hi there ladies, I am new to this forum and wonder if any of you lovely ladies can help me?
I started spotting bright red 3 days ago, no cramps. Went for a scan yesterday, they couldn't find baby at first so ended up with an internal one, no hb baby measuring 5+4 I was 9+2. I have to go back next week for another scan to see if I am miscarrying properly.
The thing is I am still only spotting when I wipe, with no cramps, and during the night it turned from bright red to dark brown.
So when should I start to really bleed, and also when I can I expect the pregnancy symptoms to start fading, ie super sore boobs, nausea?
This is my second mc this year, first one I just super bled with cramps from start, plus symptoms were gone before it started....

Glad everyone's levels are going down!

So I don't think I'm pregnant or if I am it was just last week. I passed some tissue with no bleeding yesterday and tested again and it was only a squinter of a second line. Made me emotional all over again.
I'm thankful though because I do want to get to negative to start fresh. If AF doesn't show up in a couple weeks, I'll test again ;)

Glad everyone's levels are going down!

So I don't think I'm pregnant or if I am it was just last week. I passed some tissue with no bleeding yesterday and tested again and it was only a squinter of a second line. Made me emotional all over again.
I'm thankful though because I do want to get to negative to start fresh. If AF doesn't show up in a couple weeks, I'll test again ;)

best of luck Leah - your sticky bean is around the corner :) xx

Got my blood results from this morning - I am down to 19 HCG :D - so happy. They told me to start my OPK's and see what happens! I will go in next week again to confirm its zero. Hoping to O soon! And they gave me my progesterone so this should be interesting lol. xx

Thanks petzy!!

Mine were 14 last week and I'm waiting for my results from yesterday! They put me on Provera and it was supposed to induce a period and that's been near 3 weeks ago and I still haven't had any signs of AF!! Hope you get good results!!

Petzy good work :thumbup: let's hope you ovulate soon!

Leahlou I hope u don't feel too bad about it our bodies really do play games with us don't they??!

Battyatty I wrote a reply to u earlier and it didn't post :dohh:.
I had a similar experience to u but started spotting at 7+3, I hope this thread doesn't worry you too much but I think we are an exception with our slowly dropping hormones. With my experience the first lot of bleeding lasted about 5 weeks but didn't end there as I've had on/off bleeding since over a 3 month period and the most recent was very heavy.and painful. I hope it's straightforward for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->