• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long did you push for?

About a hour or so.

Though i could be wrong, time meant nothing to me while i was in labour!

19 minutes with 1st baby/ 25 minutes with my 2nd but he was alot bigger :haha: x

a few minutes i think although my concept of time during labour was not the best but i know he was out in three pushes and the midwife only just got her gloves on in time lol

An hour and a half.
They kept telling me "Next push and he's out"...but my bladder was full, so I was pushing him against my pelvic bone. They put in a catheter, emptied my bladder, and two pushes later he was out! I wish they would have figured that out sooner!!

2 or 3 pushes for all of them. A couple of min I guess. I think it was because they were all small.

The midwife told me to start pushing around 11.45pm and he wasn't born until 3.57am with an episiotemy and ventouse because the rim of my cervix hadn't dilated or something and he was most definately stuck in there.

My diagnosed labour was 11mins, think there was only one or two pushes and he was out! My boy wasn't waiting for anyone! x

2.5 hrs but she was back to back and head was tilted to the side so there was no shifting her! had failed vontuse and she was eventually delivered via forceps

About 2 minutes but it was an emergency with forceps and he had to be born QUICK or they would have lost us both!! Never have i been under so much pressure in my life and because i couldn't feel anything i didn't know if i was actually pushing or not. Not the best experience!

1 hour & 20 mins of pushing. Back to back, with head facing sideways, making the head circumfrence wider. Failed venthouse, so had an emergency c-section.

He was 9lb 14oz.

4 hours then needed a spinal and forceps :(

Evie was twisting her shoulders as I was pushing

in labour for 7.5hrs & pushed for around 2 before midwife realised lily was stuck and i had a epidural an went into theatre for forceps delivery

4 hours before they finally realised he wasnt going to budge, could of told them that 3hours 45mins before they finally noticed. lol was back to back too. Ended up with ventose delivery

2 hours for me! I remember thinking "this is taking AAGGES". Her heartrate started going up toward the end and there was talk of suction and forceps, so I gave the biggest shove of my life and her head came out!
xx

About 4 hours I think - I just started pushing when the contractions got really strong and frequent, because I thought it would help things along, and the midwife didn't tell me not to, so I just carried on. I remember after 2 hours the midwife said to me "I know you think you've been pushing for a long time, but actually you haven't as labours go! It's hard work!" My LO was nowhere near fully engaged a couple of days beforehand, so actually I think I had a way to push him! My waters didn't break - eventually the midwife broke them. Then they discovered he was back to back and just wasn't moving, and my contractions slowed right down so I had nothing to work with! I had to have an oxytocin drip to get them going again, and this helped him to turn and he was born about 40 minutes later. He had his arm up by his head though, and I had a 3rd degree tear.

OH says it was about 20 mins at the most

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"