• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long did you push for?

35 minutes on gas and air - he came out like superman with one arm up next to his head.

Over 2 hours. I'd been given pethadine, which knocked both me and the baby out, so I wasn't pushing effectively and he was just snoozing! They took me to theatre for forceps :cry:

I'm not entirely sure but it was very quick, probably about 5-6 mins :thumbup:

Just over an hour. My labour from start to finish was 9 1/2 hours.

5 minutes and 3 pushes.

2.5 hrs. The dr threatened me with ventuous if I hadn't delivered by 22.30 and luckily Jake finally made an appearance at 22.30 exactly. Phew! He was facing the right way and the first part of the labour was really fast so they thought I'd only be pushing for 10 mins but I just struggled. Glad I didn't have an epidural as that would have hindered me even more.

We "labored down." I was 10cm but her head was high, so we waited to push. When her head was ready, it took about 4 (practice) pushes or so, and she was out. :)

3 hours with only gas and air. It's hospital policy to only allow you to push for 2 but they gave me an extra hour as all his signs were good but he was still stuck solid so I had a ventouse delivery after 3 hours of trying to push him out - turned out he was back to back with his head firmly stuck.

Over four hours. After various position changes, catheterisation and a few other bits of unpleasantness, they used the ventouse to pull her out most of the way (this took forty minutes in itself) and then a pair of forceps to yank her the last bit. She'd got her head stuck and the dappy newly qualified male midwife hadn't spotted it.

about twenty mins, after 2 days of labour, no sleep and no food i had no energy after about three pushes, then all of a sudden i g ot a huge burst of ooomp and he practically flew out!!

2,5 hours here, with back to back labor.

1hr 10mins (according to my notes). He weighed 9lbs 6ozs and he kept wriggling whilst I was pushing, which was a very strange sensation! Total labour time was 8 hours, so not bad for a first labour.

Two and a half hours, with a back to back labour....eventually had to have an episiotomy and assisted delivery with forceps.

22 minutes, and that was holding her in for an additional 24 minutes waiting for my dr to get there! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->