how long did you push

Amethyste

Mummy to Ella
Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering for how long does it take from the moment you start pushing the baby till the moment he is born. Thanks xx

with my first it was 30 mins and then with my second as soon as i needed to push he was crowning so i had to stop myself pushing as the mw hadnt turned up (homebirth) so i had about 15 mins of trying not to and then pushing lol

im lucky tho as it can take ages but my cervix always ends up really low

My LO being my first was 45 mins pushing. It didnt seem that long tho!

For my oldest it was 2 hours and with my second it was 50 minutes. I do have a long birth canal so it does take longer for me to push. 1-2 hours is normal for a first time mom, and if you can, don't push on your back, that will take longer.

2 1/2 formy daughter, felt like an eternity! didnt think it would take that long!!

I can't remember how long i was pushing with my son but with my daughter i felt the need to push at this9pm and she was born at 9.28 x

With my son I started pushing at 5:20am and he was born at 6:09am.
With my daughter it was 2 pushes, and maybe 2-3 minutes, it was very quick. I was 4cm at 7:30pm and she was born at 8:24pm, my body started pushing on its own and the doctor barley made it in the room, the bed wasn't broken down or anything.

First one I don't remember because I had an epidural and they were telling me when to push and using forceps was about half hour I think.

2nd one was 9 mins

xx

A couple of minutes. Quick delivery=me in shock and disbelief at how fast everything had happened. 1st babies usually take longer to come-so i was expecting it to take hours and hours.

Around 40 mins, I was trying to stop myself from pushing at first as the midwife hadn't arrived!

First baby I pushed for about 3 hours then was taken to the OR for delivery as he was stuck.

Second baby I pushed for about 6 minutes and she was out.

I pushed for 10 mins...no tearing or episiotomy...very smooth labor and delivery, i was surprised as i was induced and it was my first.

1 hour 15 mins with my first and 25 mins with my second 10 mins with my third!

OK, it looks like it can go from few minutes to few hours !! thanks for your replies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->