• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how long did you push

First baby took 20 mins of pushing - will be able to tell you if the second was quicker sometime in the next week (hopefully!!)

About an hour but it only felt about 10 mins.. was trying not to push for about 30 mins before hand because i was only 8cm dilated even though i was desperate to! Trying not to push was the hardest part of labour!! x x x

2hrs 44mins - Lo was posterior though so took a long time to get her out!

Took an hour to push her out, but I pushed too hard due to her heart rate dropping and needing to get her out faster...otherwise might have been a bit longer, and I didn't push every single contraction, I had to rest a couple.

Well, guess i win the trophy for worlds crappiest pusher! :rofl:
I pushed for 6 hours! (NO assistance or intervention though as we were fine) BUT DS was born face up (ouch!) so thats more of why, plus i was exhausted because labor was 100% back labor and 30 hours long, not to mention once i begun pushing i was only getting one contraction like every 6 minutes (before that they were irregular and jumped between 1 minute or 2 minutes or 3 minutes apart-the ENTIRE 30 hours) Also its important to note that i started pushing at 8CM dilated (common with posteriors)...i hope this time is much faster lol

About 20 minutes i think. It felt more like 5 minutes though!

First baby I pushed for about 3 hours then was taken to the OR for delivery as he was stuck.

Second baby I pushed for about 6 minutes and she was out.
Your post gives me hope!! Thanks!

I pushed for about 3 and a bit hours before being taken to theatre for one shot with foreceps before I was going to be sectioned. Luckily, one huge push and a helping hand from the foreceps and he popped out. I am signing up for a 6 minute pushing stage this time!! :thumbup:

First baby I pushed for about 3 hours then was taken to the OR for delivery as he was stuck.

Second baby I pushed for about 6 minutes and she was out.
Your post gives me hope!! Thanks!

I pushed for about 3 and a bit hours before being taken to theatre for one shot with foreceps before I was going to be sectioned. Luckily, one huge push and a helping hand from the foreceps and he popped out. I am signing up for a 6 minute pushing stage this time!! :thumbup:

you and me both doll :haha:
im down with that! lol

I pushed during 3 contractions.... 3 pushes the first 2... and 2 pushes the last contraction - so 8 pushes total. It was less than 10 minutes of pushing. I was checked (by accident) at 6pm and was 10 (was 4cm at 4pm). dh came racing back to the hospital and i was allowed to wait til he got back to push - he showed up around 6:05 I think... and megan was born at 6:16.

I had an epi... and pushed on my back btw.

3 contractions total of bearing down, but they were pretty close together - i just don't know how long exactly.

hi , i started pushing at quarter to 10 at night and my daughter was born fifteen minutes later, it seemed quicker tho lol x

i started pushing at 3:27 she was out by 3:37 so 10 minutes:)

2 hours then forceps and epi as dd shoulders were stuck.

First time mommy

10 minutes maximum

I pushed 5 times and she was out

I have only had one baby (so far) and we arrived at hospital at 6:10am, I felt the urge to push at 6:15am and was found to be fully dilated and was holding my son at 6:49am! It was totally crazy! 3h 49m labour and 35mins pushing no wonder the mw recommended a homebirth for my second or I could be one of those mum's you read about in the local paper who give birth in the lobby of the hospital or the middle of the car park! :lol:

Obviously I have no experience of labour without it but I heard good things about raspberry leaf tea and it certainly seemed to work for me! I had 2 cups a day from 34 weeks then from 37 weeks had as many as four cups a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->