How long did you stay in hospital after giving birth?

dolores

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering how long everyone stayed in hospital after giving birth? I had my son on Wednesday @ 12.21 and was discharged at 3pm next day......

Thanks

With my 1st 16 years ago i was in 4 days. 2nd i was out 1pm the next day. 3rd i was in for 8 days, though this was due to complications

i had my ds at 9.31 and was home by 4pm i have a friend who had her dd at 5am and was home eating bacon sandwiches and on facebook by 9.30am lol it was her 5th though when i had dd i hafd her a 21.34 and went hime the next day at about 7pm

Had her Wednesday morning and was discharged Friday afternoon. I only stayed in so long though because my waters had broken more than 24 hours prior to delivery....

Had Bethan on the Friday night and came out on the following Monday. Did my head in having to stay in the hospital. Was due to complications though xx

Just the night, had Liam at 1.41pm on the Sunday and went home about 6pm Monday. Had to stay in because I lost a lot of blood after the birth they wanted to keep me in a second night but I felt fine to go so they discharged me.

i think they would have kept me in another night also but i asked to go home asap - kind of regret it now i think i would have benefited from the extra support...

I had my c-section on Sunday 6.40pm. I got discharged from hospital Tuesday. I think I could have stayed in longer but I was desparate to get out as the mw's and nurses were really bossy and I didn't get much sleep because of the other babies on the ward.

I had my c-section on Sunday 6.40pm. I got discharged from hospital Tuesday. I think I could have stayed in longer but I was desparate to get out as the mw's and nurses were really bossy and I didn't get much sleep because of the other babies on the ward.

We gave birth on the same day and I was also home on Tuesday, could not get any sleep on the ward it was a nightmare

I had my little girl at 11.30pm on a Friday night and was discharged at 2.00pm the next day. I personally couldnt wait to get home, but looking back I'm suprised that I was discharged so soon, as I had a complicated labour (including back to back labour, assisted delivery/forceps, and an episiotomy) and was in alot of pain! :shrug:

I gave birth near enough midnight on the Monday and was released Wednesday evening...they were pretty fussy about letting me go, but they did! I kind of missed the support (especially as DH had to go into work on the Friday) but now that we've been home for a few days, it's getting easier.

x

I had my C-Section on Wednesday 7.30pm and was discharged on Thursday 9.30pm. They wanted me to stay in longer but i couldn't stand being in there. It was so hot, it took them hours to come with painkillers, water or to change my bedsheets etc, and the midwifes where horrible.

There was no support. At home DH was able to help with feeds in the night and give me proper food and i was alot more confortable. The day after i had my c-section they wouldn't help me to the shower. In the shower i collapsed. It was quite a walk from my room.

Even the midwife that came to see me at home said i'd done the best thing.

I had an emergency c section very early tues morning, and got to go home 5 days later- hated being in so long but i had complications and so did my LO

I went into hospital about 3am gave birth at 6:35pm the next day and then had to stay in for 4 days after :(
the labour and birth was perfect but my uterus didn't contract and I had a clot up in my cervix or something (I don't quite remember, I just remember loads of doctors around me)
I lost a litre of blood and had to have 2 transfusions.
this was my idea of hell, I hate hospitals and just wanted to go home :(
I feel like I missed 4 days of my baby's life as I was so out of it:cry:

I had my C-Section on Wednesday 7.30pm and was discharged on Thursday 9.30pm. They wanted me to stay in longer but i couldn't stand being in there. It was so hot, it took them hours to come with painkillers, water or to change my bedsheets etc, and the midwifes where horrible.

There was no support. At home DH was able to help with feeds in the night and give me proper food and i was alot more confortable. The day after i had my c-section they wouldn't help me to the shower. In the shower i collapsed. It was quite a walk from my room.

Even the midwife that came to see me at home said i'd done the best thing.

The midwifes in my hospital were lovely, especially the one who delivered my baby - i even went back to the hospital a few days later to give her a little gift and say thanks properly...hhmmm oh i miss my labour now...even though it was v. painful towards the end!

I had to spend 2 weeks in hospital after my son was born because of very high blood pressure which I started with the day before he was born. Got discharged for 3 days then had to go back in for another 8 days as it went really high again! Was horrible, thought they were never gonna let me go home! lol

With my daughter 7 years ago I had her at 1040pm on Thursday and was released to go home by 1040pm Friday but elected to stay until Saturday morning since it was so late.

With my preemie I had a c section, but had rather hard complications after her birth so I was in for 6 days then released, and then back in for another 5 days.

But as I have been told doctors would like for you to stay at least 24 hours after vag birth and 48 hours after c sections unless complications...

Was in about a week...was a bad birth..and wasn't able to sit up properly or get out of bed for 3 days, had 2 blood transfusions and was only taken off the catheter after 4/5 days :(...they wanted me in longer but I was desperate to get out!

With Brooke, I had a crash section so obviously needed to stay a bit longer. I was in for 2 weeks, with one of them spent in Intensive care :dohh:

With Bert I had a vaginal birth, no tears or stitches and so I left after about 12 hours I think? I had him at 2.50am and left at 2pm the same day. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->