How long did you stay in hospital after giving birth?

I had Lucie at 1.00am and was out at 6pm the same day!

I had my Daughter on September 25th just before 5pm and I was released September 26th about 8pm after I insisted that if someone didn't sign me out I was just going to walk off with my baby & go home. I HATED being in the hospital.

I had LO at 12pm friday was home by like maybe 3pm sunday. only stayed that long cause I had c-section

Gave birth Tuesday at 1207am (7 after midnight) and was out Wednesday morning at 9am, 33 hours, so - labour started Sunday 10pm, veerrry long & had an episiotomy/stitches.

looks like they don't keep you in long nowadays....

Sore subject! I had Oliver at 0921 on the Monday morning and didn't get out til the Saturday afternoon. I was in for 72 hours due to being epileptic, but then had to stay in as Oliver's weight by Thursday had gone down from 7lb 1oz at birth to 6lb 1oz, which is over the normal 10% post birth loss. Somehow though I doubt the scales were right now. As he gained 7oz in 24 hours, something must have been wrong with his weigh in. It was madness, and even the medics couldn't see how he put on that much in that short a time. An extra 2 nights in due to it. Jesus it depressed me staying in. Didn't help that 8 days later I was readmitted with a ridiculous level of bleeding. I never want an NHS dinner again. I swear that I lost a mass of weight with those pitiful excuses for meals!!!

Sore subject! I had Oliver at 0921 on the Monday morning and didn't get out til the Saturday afternoon. I was in for 72 hours due to being epileptic, but then had to stay in as Oliver's weight by Thursday had gone down from 7lb 1oz at birth to 6lb 1oz, which is over the normal 10% post birth loss. Somehow though I doubt the scales were right now. As he gained 7oz in 24 hours, something must have been wrong with his weigh in. It was madness, and even the medics couldn't see how he put on that much in that short a time. An extra 2 nights in due to it. Jesus it depressed me staying in. Didn't help that 8 days later I was readmitted with a ridiculous level of bleeding. I never want an NHS dinner again. I swear that I lost a mass of weight with those pitiful excuses for meals!!!

Yeah i didn't miss the meals either - total rubbish. I got a burnt crusty old pizza on my only dinner!

I had my LO on the Friday night, he was delivered with forceps so was in alot of pain afterwards. I got home on the Tuesday. All my midwives were brilliant and really helpful but I was glad to get home to the comfort of my own bed!

i had ella at 8:27pm on thursday and went home at about 6pm friday. it would have be sooner but they were so busy the dr didnt come to see me for hours.

I had Maya on Saturday morning and we came home on Monday evening. They wanted to keep me in because my blood pressure was a bit high and I couldn't pee.

i was admitted on wednesday night at 7pm- was induced at 9am thurs morning, gave birth friday morning at 7.34am and was home by 6pm on saturday.

i first went in on a sunday at midnight, stayed till 7am then was sent home.
went back that monday late afternoon, had my baby tuesday afternoon, stayed until thursday afternoon. so, 3 overnights total (not including my first round).

Under 24 hours and the only reason i was there for that long was what Time she was Born at. She was born at 1:50 am and we went home at 3pm

Had him Thursday evening and discharged Saturday afternoon. They like to keep first time mom's 2 days to make sure they're comfortable with everything before they leave.

I had Aeri on Thursday evening, and went home Saturday afternoon. :)

do they usually keep you in a bit longer if you have a history of postnatal depression/self harm..and depression & anxiety in general...or if you were on anti depressants before pregnancy?? i know now they don't keep you in that long and if you ask to go home they discharge you almost immediatly....i asked to go home asap...wish i hadnt now really i could have done with the extra support, im just wondering how long they would have kept me in....

I went in at about 3pm on the monday and gave birth at 06.09am on the tues morning and got discharged at about 6pm on the wednesday! I only had to stay over night because my waters went at 10am on the sunday morning! They took the mick discharging me !!!

I had Carmen on Wednesday morning and went home Friday afternoon. I was really glad for the two-night stay since I could barely get in and out of bed the first day! (fractured tailbone)

i had ruby at 7.40pm on the 9th july, and got out at midnight on 12th! we were due to leave the morning after she was born, but she became jaundiced and required phototherapy, so we stayed in for a while while she had that, then on 12th her results didnt come back clear until 11pm, so we insisted on leaving then and there, rather than waiting for the next morning.. i couldnt wait to get home!

Daisy was born at 00.24 on the Monday morning. I expected to be going home in the morning as LWH has a really fast discharge usually, but I had to have blood transfusions and so didn't get home until the Tuesday night around 9pm. Still pretty quick considering though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->