How long did you stay in hospital after giving birth?

gave birth at 12 noon friday, didnt get home till monday evening (slightly prem baby) but they wanted to keep me in even longer, but i was desperate to go home!
xxx

With Sofia I was in 5 days after my c-section. Mostly that was them being kind as she was in NICU, I think they would have kicked me out at 3 days if they could've.

This time I am back in France. Here a vaginal birth you stay in 5 days standard, 7 days for a c-section and longer for complications. They look in wide-eyed horror when I tell them how it is in the UK!

I went into hospital at 12pm on Saturday, had her at 5pm and went home on the Monday morning so 2 nights. That's quite quick for hospitals in Ireland but I couldn't sleep there and was desperate to get home.

With Sofia I was in 5 days after my c-section. Mostly that was them being kind as she was in NICU, I think they would have kicked me out at 3 days if they could've.

This time I am back in France. Here a vaginal birth you stay in 5 days standard, 7 days for a c-section and longer for complications. They look in wide-eyed horror when I tell them how it is in the UK!

5 days standard for a vaginal birth...that's a pretty good system they have over there, personally i think the government needs to really do something about the NHS system here...the UK needs more health professionals & there are jsut not enough facilities here and way too long waiting lists etc...

anyway....!

I had her at 3:28 on the 6th and was home by 10:30pm the same day even though was supposed to be disharged at 6pm!
x

5 days. Every day we thought we'd be heading home. Turned out we were on the high dependency list

I had my son at 2.04pm and got discharged at 5.30pm!

I was admitted on the Friday lunchtime with suspected pre-eclampsia, (which turned into severe pre-eclampsia!) had Sophie by emergency c-section on the Sunday afternoon and had to stay in till the following Saturday because of my blood pressure still being high etc. I nearly didn't even get home that day...but desperate though I was to be out of hospital, I didn't want to leave Sophie behind. She had to spend 12 weeks in neonatal but has now been home for 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->