How long did you wait before ttc again?

tpack42

Reaction score
How long did you wait before ttc again? I had a MC in Jan (7weeks) and a CP in feb (oops baby). My Doctor sees no reason for me to wait, so I thought I'd ask what other girls are doing.

I had a miscarriage last week. Was just at the 6 week mark. We are already trying agian. We see no reason to wait.

Thanks, That's exactly what we are doing. I just found it kinda hard to track your cycle after a MC. :wacko:My cycle is all wacko. :shrug:

We will be ttc again in 2 wks as it would of been 3mths since my ectopic and surgery and the surgeon said we had to wait 3mths for the scar tissue to settle down before trying again so to prevent another ectopic pregnancy. x

My doc advised me to wait at least one cycle for 'emitional reasons'. I told him I would go insane since my hubby was deploying, so he said go ahead if that is what we wanted to do. Sadly, I had a chemical in between D&C Jan 17 and AF finally arrived March 9. I hope and pray that I O'd early this cycle, otherwise I am out for another whole year, till when hubby comes back from deployment...

So I say go for it!!! Whenever you are ready that is! Don't wait unless there is a REAL reason to! Life is too short, and whatever will be, will be, no matter what! Good luck and sticky baby dust to you!

I started trying straight away and am pregnant again before having my first period afterwards!! good luck :) x x x

We are trying straight away... Theres no reason to wait if the bleedings stopped! Good Luck xxx

I had m/c diagnosed in Feb, but only had ERPC at beginning of March.
One doc told us to wait 3 months, but most have said wait till after AF. If I hadn't had ERPC I think I might have started trying right away, but we were advised to wait one cycle because a) it makes it easier to know where you are with things but b) most importantly when they do D&C it scrapes out more lining so it's best to wait for one AF to build it up again. Has anyone else heard this? Other people have told me you're more fertile after any pregnancy (whether to term or m/c) - am confused!

I had a M/C two weeks ago at 16 weeks. We told the doctor we wanted to try again right away, but she requested that we wait until I have had one period. That will give us a little time to recover and also give my body time to heal. So we are just waiting for AF. Haha I never thought I would get so excited to wait for AF.

I think the waiting for one period is probably reasonable advice to ensure your body is ready both mentally and physically. But like you said I'm now quite looking forward to AF (although I know it will also upset me that I'm not p/g either)

Its only been last weekend but i am absolutely dying to try again. I'm still taking my folic acid, and avoiding all the dangerous foods. I used to be a smoker before falling pg so the ONE good thing to come out of this awful awful experience is that i've given up smoking at least.

I know this may seem like a stupid (and unhygienic??) question.. but you can only ttc once you stop bleeding/spotting right? I hope this doesn't carry on for weeks as we want ttc straight away - i WISH that we could fall pg asap - that would be amazing.

Has anyone else tried straight after m/c, or after bleeding/spotting stopped??

i'm still bursting into tears at any given moment. when will this depression end:-(

I was such a career girl and now all i want to do is make babies with dh!
xx

Had mc on the 8th March, bled for 2 days. Had mc confirmed a week later :(
Just started ttc this week.

Hi I miscarried on 10th march, have been advised to wait two culex before ttc although most people on here are saying one cycle, hoping AF starts soon x

I mm/c last week not sure what i will do, i may wait for my cycles to become regular as have had no cycles for 22months until december when i caught straight away. so confussed!

Hi there, I had a MMC in September last year and waited until I had one proper period before trying again and I got pregnant and am now 21 weeks. There is hope after MC. Good luck to all you ladies TTC. x

Hi there, I had a MMC in September last year and waited until I had one proper period before trying again and I got pregnant and am now 21 weeks. There is hope after MC. Good luck to all you ladies TTC. x

How many weeks were you when you lost? I lost a baby at 5 weeks and fell pg 2 weeks later. When I went for my 13 week scan they told me our daughter died the day before. We had her naturally so we could see her.

They said I can try straight away and am looking for people who fell quickly.

To the OP we were told to wait 1 period for dating reasons but if we fell before to not worry about it.

I'm getting frustrated waiting for AF as I had m/c diagnosed on 5/2 but didn't have ERPC until 8/3 - in hindsight I wouldn't have waited so long - but have been told that after D&C you should def wait for one cycle to ensure lining has thickened up again. Just want to get trying again though - it feels like I'll have move forwarded another step when we do.

I had ERPC about 6 weeks ago and still waiting for AF but started TTC 2 weeks after op x

i miscarried on dec.13, had a natural miscarriage and bled for 9 weeks (!?!) and we started ttc again middle of february, even though i haven't yet had a regular AF. many get pregnant before their first AF. if you are emotional ready to try again, then do. i am excited about trying, but also completely terrified i will have a fourth miscarriage. good luck to you!

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if the advice is the same for post-termination and post-miscarriage but I'll chip in anyway!
I had a TFMR last weekend and my son (George) was born on the monday at 18 weeks.
To cut a long story short, I saw my GP this morning and while I was there I asked her advice about ttc. She said to wait until the end of my first period (whenever that may be!) and preferably for a further month after that. She said it lessens the chance of miscarriage and it allows time to get back in shape physically and emotionally.
I will struggle to wait two months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->