how long did you wait to have sex again

if ur bleeding ur not healed yet...i wouldnt

let urself heal, what is the rush?

FOB tried it at 4 weeks post C-section, but I told him to f*ck off! I think it was about 12 weeks with Eamon and 16 with Liam! I don't know if that's on the late side for resuming sex, though.

I'm in the same situation, wondering when we can try again. I don't know how long to expect bleeding for, but our first wedding anniversary will be exactly a month since baby's birth. I miss being close to my husband so much, and everything is about the baby now, I will be so sad if we can't do it on our anniversary. :(

I had sex after 3 weeks with this one, my birth was really easy thou so it didnt hurt or anything down there.. with my first i waited for at least 3 months, and even than i couldnt have sex properly until 5+ months

It all depends on comfort too :)

we haven't tried yet.. I'm still bleeding.. it will be 6wks tom. I'm so sick of waiting! I just want to be normal again! before birth he didn't want to have sex, he said my bump made him feel awkward. :( so we haven't had sex in FOREVER

Probably about 7/8 weeks when I had my son as I had an episiotomy, stitches and an infection plus I bled for 6 weeks then got my period! I was so exhausted that sex was the last thing on my mind.

I had a third degree tear with my baby, but I pretty much felt up to it about two weeks after it. Unfortunately despite my tear feeling alot better by four weeks it took till almost five weeks before I stopped bleeding. My partner still wouldn't go near me incase I wasn't healed till I was over 6 weeks. We didn't have protection so it was just a few thrusts because I'd been working myself up incase it hurt. Thankfully it didn't but I was little dryer as I was breastfeeding as well as formula. It actually took us till this Sunday (10 weeks pp) before we did it properly and it didn't hurt at all thank god :)

5 weeks! As soon as the bleeding stopped we were at it lol.

I only had 1st degree tears tho so they would have healed within a couple of weeks. I'm feeling sorry for my OH because he's never had such a big sex drive apart from the first few weeks after LO was born. Now I can't get enough from him and if I'm honest, sex feels so much better now than before pregnancy! It's weird! Lol

I feel sorry for my oh I waited 6months.lol. I was too scared amd would tense up all the time. :/ x

To the OP, I ended up doing it at exactly 1 month after giving birth. Bleeding had mostly stopped 3 days before. We used a bit of lube (sorry TMI!) and it didn't really hurt at all, perhaps a bit tender, but it felt great to be back doing it again. I was expecting it to be awful but it wasn't!
FYI I had a 2nd degree tear.

I can't remember how long it was the first time but know it was over 6 weeks but less than 3 months. This time I am now 3 months and 3 weeks PP and won't be doing it any time soon. At this point I am not sure I ever will again, if I do it would take a lot of time and a lot therapy. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->