how long did you wait to have sex again

xkatiex

1 DD
Reaction score
I know dr say wait 6 weeks, but it's it necessary? I mean if you are feeling up to it and take it slow? I gave birth 3 weeks ago, I did have a second degree tear so I had some dissolving stitches, do you think they would be healed by now or in the next week?

I had sex after 2 weeks with my son x I felt up2 and had stopped bleeding x I also had stitches and was fine x

4 weeks last time. Think it will be longer this time as the tear I have has done muscle damage apparently.

9 weeks and no way did I feel up to it emotionally or physically any earlier lol! If you are feeling well and everythings healed, I dont see why not! Good on you!!

I had an episiotomy and tears but had sex at 5 weeks after my bleeding had stopped for about a week. Its was fine and I had no pain. It was actually nice to enjoy it again because I hated sex while pregnant.

Hi,
I had to wait 5 months! But it helps to have a man, & as a single mummy, he wasn't readily available!
I had an emcs, & also bled for 8 weeks on & off. There was just no way, with the physical recovery from the op, & the emotional strain from moving house & having a new born, that I would of been ready any sooner.
I think if your with a man who loves you, & your happy to take it slow, there shouldn't be a problem.
:winkwink:
Becky
x

5 weeks. Stopped bleeding at 4 weeks but I had an episiotomy and stitches so wanted to make sure they had healed.

1st baby (2nd degree internal tear) approx 4 weeks but took 6 months to feel normal.

2nd baby (no tears)
About 11 or 12 days pp and felt normal right away (would have been sooner but I was bleeding before that)

thanks for all the responses! I haven't stopped bleeding yet.so I will probably wait a lil bit longer. can't wait to be normal again!.

We tried at 6 weeks but it was so painful so we'll try again every week. I had a 3rd degree tear.

3 week's after a section. I swear it was amazing to feel so close to my partner again. :) x

2.5 weeks for me! It hurt for maybe a second and then it was great :)

thanks for all the responses! I haven't stopped bleeding yet.so I will probably wait a lil bit longer. can't wait to be normal again!.

if you have not stopped bleeding you have not healed...they say 6 weeks or a reason..

its not just stitches that need healing your whole insides just went to war, they need to heal up. YOU can end up with infection and major scar tissue which could cause problem conceiving later on.

4 weeks for us.. I was more tense and scared than anything, but in reality it was not too bad at all, not as before yet but definitely not painful (more uncomfortable if anything). I am glad I am over it because if it was 100% up to me I might have never found the courage to do it ever again lol I say give it a careful try and see how you feel. No reason not to stop it if it feels painful. Good luck!

With my first we had sex during the 5th week- I wasn't bleeding.. it was very painful!! I had a 3rd degree cut. With my 2nd, we waited the 6 weeks and I had 0 sex drive- I had a small tear that delivery. I plan on waiting the full 6 weeks this time around also.

I planned on waiting until after my 6 week check as I had an epesiotomy and stitches but it ended up happening after 4 weeks and everything was fine physically we just used plenty of lube. I was worrying about my scar coming open but everything was fine I was just a little bit sore afterwards x

def wait until you have stopped bleeding. that means that you are healed (inside) and the chance of infection decreases.

3 weeks this time. Was a bit sore the second time first time was fine tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->