how long did you wait??

mummymarsh

NTNP with earth baby #2
Reaction score
morning ladies...

i was just wondering how long you all waited after you lost your babies before you started trying to get pregnant again???

i lost my little sleeping angel charlie 1 month ago at 24 weeks and 3 days :( we had servere problems and thankfully he slipped away peacefully....

although im not ready emotionally to be pregnant again, my body is desperate to be pregnant as obviously i should be around 28 weeks now and not that i would ever want to replace charlie, that emptiness i feel needs to be filled :cry:

what are some of your expereinces if you dont mind sharing?? xxx:flower:

Hey there. I'm so so sorry for your loss :hugs: I had a MMC picked up at my dating scan on 2nd March so wasn't nearly as far along as you, Initially I thought I would never be able to try again but that has changed and after my first AF we are now TTC again. I wont lie - it isn't plain sailing and I sometimes have huge worries about what if it happens again etc etc etc BUT I want to be a Mum so need to try again but it is a rollercoaster.

I think you will know when you feel really to TTC again. Dont push yourself and allow yourself time to grieve and heal and at some point you will find you are able to contemplate it again. Good luck xx

So sorry for your loss of charlie :hugs: Hes gorgeous :kiss:

You will know when its right for you to TTC again.

For me, i wanted to try straight away. I was soo desperate for a baby :-( Kasper was born sleeping at 36 weeks. 6 weeks later I was pg. No AF in between. My rainbow was delivered early due to growth issues meaning there is only 8 months and 11 days between my boys birthdays.

As i say, you'll know when the time is right :hugs:

xxx

wow jox thatss amazing...

i have a daughter already who has been my rock...she is 2 and amazing.... i think im gonna try wait till i have had my final appointment with my consultant which is 7th june...

xxx

I'm so sorry for your losses :hugs: We lost our DS son in 2005 to SIDS aged 5wks5days, and just suffered a MMC at 9wks xxx

I'm talking from how I felt after losing DS, but to be honest the MMC has resurfaced those emotions

But we were desperate to TTC again To be honest it was the only thing that DH and I could find comfort in I couldn't explain it then, and still can not, but it was almost primal, animal instinct, that I had to have a baby of my own to hold My arms felt physically empty (it's actually known as empty arm syndrome) We were lucky esp as I had breastfed, that my cycles came back within a month and after three months we got our BFP (now a beautiful 4yr old) Yes the pregnancy was hard and after 3 totally natural labors I opted for elective CS as emotionally I didn't feel able to cope with labour The pregnancy was hard, but I felt some where closer to whole again

We also had another DD in 2009, and although I will always have a empty place in my heart were my DS (and baby bean) should be, it's honorably reserved just for them

And yes after my MMC I feel empty again, we so wanted this baby to "complete" our family but I'm fortunate in many ways and must keep positive and have faith

Lots of love to you all and :dust: to us all
XxxxxX

I'm so sorry for your losses :hugs: We lost our DS son in 2005 to SIDS aged 5wks5days, and just suffered a MMC at 9wks xxx

I'm talking from how I felt after losing DS, but to be honest the MMC has resurfaced those emotions

But we were desperate to TTC again To be honest it was the only thing that DH and I could find comfort in I couldn't explain it then, and still can not, but it was almost primal, animal instinct, that I had to have a baby of my own to hold My arms felt physically empty (it's actually known as empty arm syndrome) We were lucky esp as I had breastfed, that my cycles came back within a month and after three months we got our BFP (now a beautiful 4yr old) Yes the pregnancy was hard and after 3 totally natural labors I opted for elective CS as emotionally I didn't feel able to cope with labour The pregnancy was hard, but I felt some where closer to whole again

We also had another DD in 2009, and although I will always have a empty place in my heart were my DS (and baby bean) should be, it's honorably reserved just for them

And yes after my MMC I feel empty again, we so wanted this baby to "complete" our family but I'm fortunate in many ways and must keep positive and have faith

Lots of love to you all and :dust: to us all
XxxxxX

thanks for sharing your story :( as heartbreaking as it is, some positive coms out of it i suppose.... life can be so cruel sometimes :(

i get so angry seeing pregnant mothers smoking and drinking and are likely to be given healthy children where as some of us dont ever smoke hardly drink get our angels taken :( where iis the justice in that...

xxx

Totally agree MM I'm forever seeing mums2be smoking Anworsens!!! We live in such a small town and even in the rural Countryside antics can be shocking lol !! I know it's not my business but as with ALL my pregnancies and beyond I've put my babies first and formost ! Everything by the book but it's still out of our control :sad: Apparently there's been a tv programme on about "bad mums" or something Not watched it as it would get me far to worked up !!!

:dust:
Jo

mummymarsh, im with you on that one, after delivering my twin boys and seeing how beautiful they was i so desperately want to try again, i just keep thinking why me. I saw a woman about 8 months pregnant outside Morrisons smoking, i wanted to shout and scream at her and tell her how lucky she was but it wouldnt do me any good.

Its just so annoying, i have never smoked, never done anything wrong yet my babies got taken away from me, so wrong xx

same here. I did everything by the book and my boy was taken away! Makes me so angry :nope: x

some say we are the lucky ones though as we got to hold angels :) i like the thought of that i think.... xxxxxx

With Honey I was ready about 10 weeks after, although even before she was born I knew we would try again. We got pregnant real soon after that, and her little sister Kaysie was born 361 days after Honey.

With the seven early miscarriages after Kaysie I TTC right away

With Riley Rae, I am not sure if we will TTC again. Every part of me is screaming to, but I feel so guilty and selfish for that. I dont know what will happen, what will people think and I cant be sure of any out come. I think we will wait to see what the post mortem results say and go from there, but I am not sure.

guilt is my big thing tasha :( that hole in me has to be filld, and im scared people with think im trying to replace charliie.. to me i know that most certanly isnt the case, but i ache to be pregnant again..... :( what to do.... xxxxx

:hugs::hugs: sweetie, I suppose that at whatever point anyone has another baby, people will make stupid insensitive comments, just as long as you and your OH know that it isnt about trying to replace Charlie, then no one else really matters.

I know how you feel! I lost my daughter fullterm. And after I just wanted to start trying right away. My dr. said I should wait a year. But I couldn't wait that long. And we just started trying this month. So we started trying two months after the loss. My best advice is you'll know when it's right.

full term.. anna marie thats awful.. do you know what went wrong :( i thought 6 months was bad enough but a couple of you who have lost your babies full term or very close to i just cant imagine :( i hope you get a positive outcome and get your rainbow baby very soon xxxxx

When she was born I was pushing for two hours. And she has her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck and she had an injury to her head called a subgael hematoma. Which was caused by the vaccum they used on her trying to hurry up to get her out since I had HELLP Syndrome.

My hormones are still at 29 so I am still waiting. I plan to try ASAP but I am scared to death about it all. I am mostly scared to become pregnant with multiples again...

My hormones are still at 29 so I am still waiting. I plan to try ASAP but I am scared to death about it all. I am mostly scared to become pregnant with multiples again...

do multiples run in the family?? triplets i see... wow...... special babies... :(

xxxx

do multiples run in the family?? triplets i see... wow...... special babies... :(

xxxx

Yes, triplets and a couple twins on his side and one set of twins on my side. Plus I am 34 so maybe my eggs are dropping like rain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->