How long do they stay in the bath?

AngelUK

Mummy of twin boys
Reaction score
Just wondering, how long do you let your LOs stay in the bath? Mine bathe together and what with washing both their hair and play time they usualy stay in there for about 15 minutes. But they always cry when it is time to come out. So I was wondering if maybe at their age it would be ok to leave them in longer? Sebastian has eczema on his hands and face though so I always worry about the bath drying out his skin even more, especially as the water here in my part of London is super hard.
Any thoughts? :flower:

Louis and Alex have their bath together too and they're in there about 20/25 mins depending on how tired they are, Alex always cries when he gets out too. They soak the bathroom floor splashing and we're getting a new suite and flooring fitted next week so may have to shorten it if they carry on like that, yikes! I think 15 minutes is a nice length of time xx

Mine are usually in there a good half hour playing. I just sit and read my kindle for a bit by the tub while they play after washing them up.

At the moment about a minute :haha: but that's because Micah keeps pulling out the plug and we've told him as soon as he does it, bath time is over, it leads to very rushed hair rinsing! Normally though about 15 minutes I guess? I have mild eczema and until I had Micah I'd happily spend over an hour relaxing in the bath, it never affected my skin so long as I stuck to natural/sensitive bath products.

I think 20-30 minutes is the norm for my son if he's in a good mood and wants to play. (For bad moods it's more like 2 minutes.) I generally make him get out when he starts misbehaving and splashing water everywhere, and he also cries when he gets out.

My lo stays in around 20 minutes. He gets his hair washed as soon as he gets in then the rest is playtime. He has eczema but we use Oilatum in the bath which helps. Ive been known to fling it in the bath for myself if my skins dry.

Angelof Troy, could you use 2 bath mats to cover the length of the bath. We do that and it completely covers the plug, lo really struggles to pull it out and as its covers the plug hole water runs away really slowly.

Holly goes through phases. Sometimes she has had enough after two minutes and other times she gets really into playing and will stay in around half an hour.

Thomas has 1.5 hour baths. He loves the water.

15 minutes to an hour. I jut let her choose when to get out since she enjoys it so much, nice way to end the day :)

Probably an average of 30 minutes. Sometimes I'm tired and do a quick wash, but most often I let her play. She used to get upset when I got her out until I started singing the song, "Annabel" to her as I got her out. I think that gets her mind off the bath.

About 15 minutes, but he'd probably stay longer if we let him. He has a tendency to poop in the tub lately so I kind of rush it sometimes. DH does a lot of his baths though and lets him play a little longer, but he ends up with a lot more poop accidents than I do. Is that strange for a toddler? He's doing great using the potty, but not so much the communication/timing part. :(

Anyway, about the eczema I don't think the length of time matters too much. It's more likely how hot the water is (hot is worse) and it's best to moisturize right after bathing to trap the moisture in his skin. Feel free to let him play!

About 20 minutes I guess. It gets too cold in the bathroom to stay any longer. She'd stay in the bath a lot longer if I let her. However, as soon as her hair gets wet, that's it, she starts climbing out while howling hysterically.

Usually about 30 mins ish, depending on the time she gets in and what we have on. Quite often I use the time to clean the bathroom so sometimes it's a little longer.

Thanks all, that is really good to know. Tonight we let them have 25 minutes and gave plenty of warnings before they had to come out. Dominic still cried but Sebastian was ok. :thumbup:

Mine bathe together and are in from 40 mins to over an hour. Their choosing. I potter about tidying whilst they're bathing.

Depends on how full i let it get. He wants to get out as soon as it stops running. Luckly our bath takes a good 10/15 to run

10-15 minutes. He'd happily stay longer, I think, but he doesn't make a fuss when it's time to get out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->