How long do they stay in the bath?

The stingy Scots blood in me can't stand the idea of all that water only being used for 10 minutes :p

she would live in the bath if i let her!!
shes never in there for less than 20 mins!
its usally about 45 mins, i do end up having to top the bath up with hot water as shes in so long.
i use the time to tidy the bathroom or fold the washing, answer emails on my phone etc. x

ETA: i do say to her youve got 5 mins, 2 mins etc then she pulls the plug & stays in until the waters gone so she has to get out or she gets cold ;) x

Anywhere between 15 minutes and 2 hours! When they were younger they would sometimes have multiple baths per day, so it seemed like they spent most of the day in there!

Depends on the day. Sometimes she's not into it at all and it's a quick rinse, in and out in 10 minutes. Other days she loves it and she's in there for over an hour (tonight she was in for an hour and a half).

I'll let my LO stay in as long as she wants (within reason). She usually decides to come out after 20-45 minutes. :)

To address the skin issue, I would avoid using soap as it's really not necessary and just dries out the skin. Next, I'd add apple cider vinegar to the water to help balance the PH of the water. The water here is only slightly hard, so I use it as a last rinse on Violet's hair as well as on my own, but if it was very hard, I might consider adding it to the water. On the other hand, it might make the water hurt their eyes if it gets in. Perhaps just a last rinse? I'm not real sure, but I'd definitely skip the soap.

Oh I know, I never use soap. We use Dermol 500 lotion prescribed by our GP instead. I even use it now to take my eye make up off and it is super gentle. Thank you for the tip about the vinegar. I am reluctant to try this though, as Dominic really hates his hair rinsed out as it is (he has loads so it takes a moment) But I might try it for myself. :thumbup:

10 mins for me, ages if oh gives her a bath.

im boring I guess !

Oh I know, I never use soap. We use Dermol 500 lotion prescribed by our GP instead. I even use it now to take my eye make up off and it is super gentle. Thank you for the tip about the vinegar. I am reluctant to try this though, as Dominic really hates his hair rinsed out as it is (he has loads so it takes a moment) But I might try it for myself. :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm not so sure about it either since it can hurt the eyes, but it's a good trick for yourself. When Violet was afraid of me rinsing her hair (it got in her eyes a time or two), I started dipping the comb in it to brush her hair after a bath. That worked too. When I rinse my hair with it, I just put some in the bottom of a cup, then fill the cup with water and rinse with that right after I shut of the shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->