How long does it usually take you to do your hair and makeup?

I have cut my hair short - no longer like my profile pic! - so I literally wash it, towel dry, scrunch to make it wavy, so maybe 15 mins including the shower.
I exfoliate my face in the shower, then moisturise when I'm out, maybe a bit of mascara if I can be arsed. The whole lot (shower, skin, hair and makeup) is 20 mins max. If I was going out maybe 25 - 30 mins to put on foundation, blush, eyeliner as well.
I'd love to do nicer more exciting make up I'm just lazy!

Hair and make up take about twenty minutes but to get ready overall, about 40 minutes in total, but this includes (which I do every day), shower and washing hair (10 mins), make up (ten mins), drying/straightening hair (ten mins) and getting dressed/getting my bag ready for the day etc (5-10mins).

On a night out/special occasion, probably about an hour and fifteen minutes. x

5-10 minutes on a workday. That's just make-up and stuffing my hair into a bun. It always seems to look worse if I try to do anything with it.

Going out is usually an hour make-up and half an hour straightening my hair.

Most days I don't wear make up so it takes me between 2 seconds and 2 minutes to put my hair up depending if I brush it or not.

If I wear make-up then it's normally just mascara so literally a few seconds.

I recently bought some foundation and that takes me about 5 minutes.

If I wash/dry/straighten my hair then that's about 25 minutes after getting out of the shower.

The truth is I would spend longer on it if I had any idea what to do. I wish I could make myself a lot more beautiful but I don't think I'm very pretty tbh so I don't see the point learning.

Aw! Don't think like that! Maybe if you did learn it'd help you feel more confident, don't you think?

I grew up with my mum and older sister having no clue about hair and make up so I never knew anything about it either. I am finally pretty confident in doing my make up but it was quite a bit of trial and error. I'm not so good with my hair but I still try to learn more things to do with it.

Anyway, it makes me feel a million times better when I've got some make up on and my hair's not a mess, maybe you'd be the same? It's not much effort to learn :hugs:

I was just about to say the same. It sounds like you need a confidence boost honey! I grew up not knowing how to do my hair or makeup at all too! If you could see me two years ago to now.... My difference was I lost weight and got a confidence boost, so started bothering.

I now dye my hair, do my makeup if I feel low and I feel so much better! If i can drag some out later ill show you some pictures of me two years ago, to now. I feel so much better about myself because I make an effort, Ive always felt like a wallflower too. x

Ahh thank you both of you that was a lovely thing to write. It's true when I make an effort I do feel better you are both right. But I do think I'm not that pretty anyway. I am getting married at the weekend so actually since writing this I just bought a load of expensive make up and asked someone in the department store to show me what to do so hopefully that will give me a bit of confidence!! She was really nice and spent ages explaining about foundation brushes and blusher brushes and so on. I wouldn't have known any of that. I don't think I could ever be bothered to spend a long time getting ready (because I am seriously lazy in the mornings) so I doubt I'll ever wear much make up day-to-day but I think just getting a few tips on very simple stuff like maybe a lip gloss that would suit me you are so right I would get more confidence. xx

i too have short hair so ill wash, throw into a ponytail to let it dry (i have very curly hair and this actually gives me a nice wave!) and i ALWAYS wash my face, and if i feel like caring ill throw on mascara.

minus showering, usually 15 min. I cant shower every day as i have extreme sensitive skin, ill break out in a rash. :(

Everyday make up and hair takes about 20mins- half hour, going out maybe 45. I have dreads so wrap them up into a bun, if i have to wash my hair it takes hours- i blow dry them and i usually need a whole afternoon. I don't do this too often these days ha ha! When i do i usually incorporate cutting or dying, kill 2birds! X

Ummm...Wash my hair twice a week. Brush and bun up= 2 minutes. Make up=Never worn any in my life, LOL. Our Farm is over 2 hours from a city, have no neighbors closer than 5 miles off and we are snowed in/hard to get out more or less from Nov-May. And with 4 kiddos under 7, I am busy enough, LOL.

I don't wear make up all of the time. And if I do it takes no longer than 10 minutes to do. And it depends on what I do with my hair. It's naturally quite straight, so straightening takes about 5 minutes. Pretty much 5 minutes for all my usual styles! I don't take much time getting ready.

It takes me about 35-40 minutes to dry and straighten my hair. Then about 10 minutes for makeup :thumbup:

it depends. im growing my hair out so its so awkward atm. if i keep it down it takes like 5 mins to blow dry and im done (i have poker straight hair) if i want it up it takes maybe 15-20 mins because i usually have it in a bouffant/french roll and that takes a lot of backcombing and hairspray hahaa. if i want to set my hair, i will wet set the day before which takes 20-30 mins to do, sit under the dryer for an hour or two and then sleep with my rollers in. the next morning it takes maybe 15-20 mins to brush out how i like it :D

make up is usually only a 5 minute thing. unless im doing liquid eyeliner. then it can take like an hour or so. i always muck up liquid hahaha.

For going to work, 5-10 minutes. If I've washed my hair, I just brush it back into a ponytail, if it's dry I straighten it and flick the ends. I don't wear make-up, but I use a tinted SPF15+ moisturiser so it's just applying that once my contacts are in!

About 45 minutes to an hour for the school run. Longer if I'm going out.

For going to work: 15mins

Going out to run errands: 20mins

Holiday dinner (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mother's/Father's Day, etc.): 1-1.5hrs

Vegas clubbing/outing/night out: 2-3 hrs. LOL

If I have to wash and blow dry my hair - that alone will take 45 minutes at a minimum since I have A LOT of hair. And if I want to wash, blow dry and curl/crimp/straighten it takes another 30-60 minutes. Then picking an outfit and matching shoes and jewelry. Hence why I don't put my effort into hair/makeup for work and running errands. hahaha

I have super thick wavy long frizzy hair so it takes me a good 20 minutes to blow dry and another 20-30 to straighten. It is a nightmare. Makeup takes me about five minutes on a normal work day just foundation mascara and bit of blush. If im going out it takes a bit longer as I do my eye makeup too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->