How long does LO sleep through?

kacy slept through from 2 and a half months once i put her in her cot from 7pm until 9-10 o clock then that stopped when i started back at work so she gets any time between 7-8 some times later.

Kira is still newborn feeding. at the moment just wishing she would sleep inbetween the hours of 9-12 cos she just crys.

Has your OH not give you a 'break'!?

long story lol, gist is he lives in lincolnshire, and is busy expanding the business whilst im in wales... he pops down every other weekend and does try but because of the fright i had in hospital with Rhiannon being admited to SCBU im a tad over protective of her :blush: lol... and i have the whole "no one does it to my standard" syndrome...sigh....ah well she is 3 months now only another 17 years and 9 months untill she can "legally" look after herself :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Juleika goes down at 7:30pm, I give her a dreamfeed at 10:30pm and 'til morning 6:30am everything is blurred as we are co-sleeping and I am breastfeeding (so I am always half asleep myself, when she wakes and searches for the breast), but I believe to remember she wakes up about once or twice in between :hi:

Anna has taken to waking up every time I put her down, or if I do manage to get her down without waking her, she wakes up after an hour or so for feeding or cuddles...

The only way she sleeps through for 4/5 hours at a time is if I keep her in the bed with us, so I've started to do this. I know you're not supposed to, but it's the only way either of us get any sleep at night :shrug:

Hun, there's nothing wrong with co-sleeping as long as you do it right. Kaya sleeps from 8pm until 7/8am but dreamfeeds two or three time during the night.

I really wish i hadnt Co-Slept with Coby, he is 2 and i cant get him out of our bed atall, he comes in without fail everynight and takes up the whole bed, think amoung other things thats comtributing to my back problems. Not going to do the same with Adam, he is in his cot and hes staying there.

He goes to sleep at 7 and wkes up between 6.30 and 7 in the morning

x

im determined not to bring kyle into the bed because everyone i know thts done it had ended up with their kids still beside them at 3 and 4 year old, dont fancy tht lol

Ive put back kyles bath time to sometime between 8 and 9, he'll then have his bottle, sleep till half 4 usually, take 4oz and is usually sleepin again with minutes, then up and 9am. Not complaining :)

im determined not to bring kyle into the bed because everyone i know thts done it had ended up with their kids still beside them at 3 and 4 year old, dont fancy tht lol

Ive put back kyles bath time to sometime between 8 and 9, he'll then have his bottle, sleep till half 4 usually, take 4oz and is usually sleepin again with minutes, then up and 9am. Not complaining :)

I wouldn't, either! There's no consitency to how much Anna sleeps at night. If I have her in bed typically she sleeps for a 3 hour stretch between feeds and changes, if I put her in her moses basket she'll wake every hour or less :( *sigh* I'm really hoping it regulates and improves soon. I've been practicing putting her down when she's sleeping rather than holding her all day so that she gets used to it... My mistake was holding her 24/7 when I got her out of SCBU - it was so relieving to have her out of the incubator and be able to cuddle and feed her whenever I liked without feeling I had to aks permission from someone else - I guess I overdid it - she slept fine on her own before that!

.. I've been practicing putting her down when she's sleeping rather than holding her all day so that she gets used to it... My mistake was holding her 24/7 when I got her out of SCBU - it was so relieving to have her out of the incubator and be able to cuddle and feed her whenever I liked without feeling I had to aks permission from someone else - I guess I overdid it - she slept fine on her own before that!

I wanted to hold kyle all the time from the moment he was born, but im so glad I didnt. Now hes awake alot more and I dont need to constantly be talking to him, holding him and playin with him. I can take time to go do what I have to and just have the moniters on. You should maybe just gradly reduce how much you hold her and I would deffo get her used to falling asleep on her own.

I always hate reading these threads as I become really envious and start mouthing off at my daughters "Why cant you's sleep like all these children":rofl:

Lucy is still hell, bed at 11, awake 12.30. 1.45, 3, 4.30, 6.30, mostly for a cuddle and reassurance but takes 4 oz at 3, and 3 oz at 6.30.

Rebecca still wakes up for a drink and she is 2 past, Lucy is nearly 7 months.

Dale and I dont produce babies that sleep and I HATE it, nor do they sleep during the day (apart from Rebecca has a 1hour nap still so I consider myself lucky there!)

Im away in a strop!:rofl::hissy:

my 1st didnt sleep all night till I had my 2nd child he was 4 and a half!!

2nd used to get up once hav feed and straight back to sleep

but my wee girl has amazed me she goes down from 8.30-9.30pm and she will sleep right through till 9-10am :shock: !!!!! shes been like that from about 2 weeks old :happydance:but shes never really slept thru the day maybe an hour after lunch if Im lucky but who cares if she is sleeping all night I say

having a girl has been far easier and a lot more relaxed or it could just be me older and less crabby?? :shrug: lol

Colton has started sleeping through from 10:30-11 until 5-5:30; so around 6 hours. He usually has about 5-6oz around 9-10pm, which I think is why he sleeps so long, and then wakes up at 5 and eats another 5oz..
He has only been doing this for the last 2 days, but before that he fell asleep at 10:30-11, and slept until alittle after 3.. so maybe the pattern will continue and he will start sleeping later and later. *crosses fingers* lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->