how long does ovulation last?

sugarpi24

Pregnant-BFP 6/18/15
Reaction score
okay i got a smiley face on a OPK test at midnight last night...and again this afternoon at 2:30...but we cant BD til tomorrow...is there still a chance of conceiving?!!

The time between + and O varies but usually under 48hours but egg can live between 12-24hours. So in theory yes you will still have a chance, esp in you can bd early tomorrow.

depends on when you actually ovulate. typically, and not everyone is typical, but typically you will ovulate 12-36 hours after the first positive OPK and really need spermies to be there before you ovulate (they need 12 hours in there to go thru some change b/4 they can fertilize the egg...forgot what it was called)

do ppl normally get bloated and really gassy around ovulation? i feel like nothing in my closet fits!!!

New studys have shown in alot of cases the egg can actualy live longer then they first though and they now believe it to be as long as 48 hours in most women.
Although in the 2nd 24 hours there realy need there to be sperm already there so thats why they still say idealy 24 hours.

Typicaly ov happens about 12-48 hours after first posative so that give you a potential 12- 72 to have sex for a fertile window and a further 24 hours for the egg to be fertalised if sperm is present within those 72 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->