How long in advance did you get your NHS scan appt?

MrsPear

Mum
Reaction score
How far in advance did you get your letter for 12 week scan? I had my booking in appointment at 6 +4, the MW sent the referral and now I am 10 +4.

I don't want to ring the hospital up unnecessarily because last time I was pregnant I rang up about my scan and they were ever so rude, I think they must get a lot of people ringing who think the letter has been lost in the post. But last time I didn't have NT screen so they bumped me back to 15 weeks (which is why I didn't get my appt until really late) and this time I have asked for NT screen so I thought it would be sooner.

I am in Leeds if anyone else is. :flower:

I would chase it up (don't worry about rudeness, its their job!). My midwife booked in my 12 week scan at my booking apt which I had at 9+6. Better to ask I think. Good luck x

I don't see the midwife for booking in until 9/10 weeks so assume they must act quickly!! x

I had my booking in appointment at 9 weeks and had my scan letter by 10 weeks and have my scan tomorrow (13 weeks)

Mine took 16 days to arrive! I wad shocked. (paper worked was sorted from my 8w booking in appt)

My previous scan appts always came in 5 days.
Date on paper was 9 days away. It arrived 2 days before i hit 11w

I got my letter one week before my scan with my DD , I would definitely chase it up and certainly don't feel like your been a pain, you need to know these kind of things. Good luck xx

I got my scan date for my 12 week scan 4 days after my first doctors appointment at 6 weeks then I got my 20 week scan 4 days after my 10 weeks booking appointment x

I had my first appointment with the midwife today (9weeks) and she called and booked my scan as I was sat there.
Seem to think it was a letter that came after about a week with my first though.

I'd chase - we have to book our own here, after you've had your booking in appt. So I got mine at 9 weeks xx

Here, as soon as you get a positive HPT, you phone the midwife unit directly. Right there on the phone, I got my booking in appt and my 12 week scan date.

When I had my 12 week scan, 2 days later I got my 20 week scan date through the post.

Thank you everyone. I rang up today (had to ring about 5 different numbers to get the right one) and they were all very friendly so I needn't have worried. My scan is a week on Monday, they said a letter has been sent so hopefully it will turn up soon but if not then at least I have a date and time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->