How long is too long for a nap? 18 weeks old.

sevenofnine

Reaction score
So Annika had her four month check-up yesterday, which was fortunate since I really needed to get in because she started waking up every hour at night whining, and was screaming tons lately, almost as if something was wrong. I thought maybe she had an ear infection?

Turns out she's teething! The doctor said her gums are VERY swollen on the bottom right. I thought it was too early for teething so I ignored the signs... but she has been SO drooly, chewing on her hands and fingers only on the side that is swollen, crying and uncomfortable and whiny and clingy. She also has a runny nose that comes and goes, and keeps coughing on her drool. (I really don't think it's a cold.)

So anyway, sleep has been pretty terrible. Her naps during the day were usually 1 hour max. But today she passed out at 9:30am and didn't wake up until almost noon! So a 2.5 hour nap!!

Can I let her sleep for that long, or will I be making things worse for night time? She is already waking frequently in the night (although did LOADS better last night after some baby tylenol, but still woke three times) so I figured it couldn't hurt to let her nap for 2.5 hours this morning.

Also, it seems that the past day or two, her green poop is back. Is this normal with teething? She doesn't seem to be in discomfort, but her poop is normally mustard-y yellow.

WW19 + teething = I'm tired.

My 9 month old has a 2 hour nap every day so I probably wouldn't worry about a 4 month old taking one. I doubt it will make a difference for night time, if she's uncomfortable from teething she's going to wake regardless.

My girl never had green poop whilst teething but she had some pretty nasty ones and they made her bum sore. I hope you've got some bepanthen or similar.

My 9 month old has a 2 hour nap every day so I probably wouldn't worry about a 4 month old taking one. I doubt it will make a difference for night time, if she's uncomfortable from teething she's going to wake regardless.

My girl never had green poop whilst teething but she had some pretty nasty ones and they made her bum sore. I hope you've got some bepanthen or similar.

The green poop might not even be related, I was just wondering! She does seem a little more rashy today though. She doesn't have diarrhea, but her poops are a little more frequent. But she is drooling buckets!

Teething is no fun!

My LO got get first tooth just before 4mo! I was surprised, too!
Her top teeth are coming in now - and she is 5 1/2mo. Pretty tiring nights.

That said - I let LO sleep as long as she wants during the day. It does not seem to effect her night time sleep. I was waking her during the day (thinking she was sleeping too much) and it made for one very grumpy baby.

As for the green poo - we've had that a few times - but I put it down to getting too much foremilk. We got diaper rash pretty bad when she teethed the first time. This time, she was starting to get it, but we caught it pretty early so we were able to treat it better!

Good luck! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->