How Long NTNP Before BFP?

Eyes On Fire

Reaction score
OH and I begin NTNP in May next year and I was just wondering how long it took to get your BFP?

it took us 14 months - BUT we were so relaxed i didnt know when i was ovulating we would go a week or two without - and i had no idea when AF was due to i never felt pressured to test as i just thought it will come when it wants. I didnt test until i was two weeks late when i was pregnant and as it had been so long and i hadnt got pregnant i never even thought i could be pregnant only when i ordered a HUGE lunch once my friend said wow you sure your not pregnant. Then it got me thinking,

TBH it depends how you go about NTNP. For some people here NTNP means having sex specifically around ovulation, but with no temping or charting. Others here will NTNP by just having sex whenever they feel like it, not actually paying attention to ovulation times. If you're one of the latter, it may well take you longer if you're not hitting the ovulation window, whereas if you're having sex when you're ovulating, you will have higher chances of getting pregnant sooner.

You have 25% chance of getting pregnant in each cycle, if you hit the ovulation window.

The last time we TTCd, I was taking a relaxed approach - no temping, but guessing when I ovulated, using an OPK (2nd cycle) and just having lots of sex. The first month my OH was stressed at work when I ovulated, so no sex that week, and subsequently no BFP. On our second cycle we only had sex once, about 3 days before I ovulated (that was the month I took an OPK), and we conceived.

I haven't used contraception since the birth of my daughter 8 months ago and still not pregnant. But I wouldn't expect to be yet as I'm BFing and AF isn't back yet. If I don't catch that first egg then I would count the time trying as starting from when I get my first AF.

With #1 we go our BFP in the first month. No charting, temping or poas, but I followed my cm and we had a lot of sex.... so somewhere between TTC and NTNP.

With my first one it took us 6 months but we were so relaxed about it that I had no idea when i was obulating and had so much sex that I actually don't know for sure what day my son was conceived. This time around we are trying to take the same relaxed approach and this is only my 2nd month off the pill so we'll see how long it takes.

I came off the pill back in July and I'm not pg yet, but my cycles are still settling and we're not BDing all the time. As of next month I'll be living with OH, so I'm envisaging that chance being a bit more like 25%
I'm using an app to predict when I'm OVing, so I'm concentrating the *ahem* "ammo" around then, but adopting a scattergun approach for the rest of the time.

I came off the pill first week in August but didn't get my first AF for 80 days, I am now in my first real cycle so if you are on the pill I would probably say come off it sooner rather than later to let you cycles settle - but then it's not the same for everyone, some get regular periods as soon as the come off.

x

We were NTNP (more leaning towards NT... we even would try to be protected around when I would be ovulating... we were more just being risky lol) and it took one or two months... that's it!

... I didn't realize we were so fertile :haha:

We're thrilled though :)

We're on our 6th month, and still nothing... Any advice??

We're on our 6th month, and still nothing... Any advice??

I'd suggest taking supplements to strengthen ovulation and up sperm quality.

Royal jelly & bee pollen are supposed to be very good. Also start pre natals and take folic acid. There's also a supplement called Fertile CM that's supposed to be very good.

Not sure what the supplements for DH would be, but I'm sure you'd be able to find something that would suit you both online :)

Also maybe use a lubricant like pre seed or egg whites (yes egg whites!)

Me, I didn't know any of this and jumped straight to Clomid :p (not recommended unless Dr says you really need it). However I'm taking all these supps and other stuff now :) Praying that everyone gets their BFPs this cycle!

Do you take OPKs? It may be as simple as that you keep missing ovulation :)

HTH ^.^ GL!

Stopped using contraception new year 2009, got a :bfp: 6 weeks later but had an early miscarriage, ov'd 2 weeks after the miscarriage and got pregnant that night, :bfp: 2 weeks later and Tobias born 2 weeks early in November 2009.

This time- took my last pill 19th September, AF 13th October, got our :bfp: 9th November.

So we feel very lucky as each time we've decided to NTNP it's happened pretty quickly for us :)

Just bumping this.
We have been "NTNP" for the last 6 cycles (almost 7 :dohh:). And what i mean by NTNP is no charting or OPKs. I know my cycles super well since i have charted 11 cycles so far. I can tell when im ov.ing but i just dont tell dh about if im fertile or not and then we :sex: just when we want to. So even though i know when im fertile, i just let DTD up to dh (or if im feeling "in the mood" :winkwink:) But TBH i am surprised that we arn't preggo yet...been pregnant twice (MCed the first time) and both times we got pregnant the very first cycle of trying...of course that was hardcore TTC with charting, OPKs, CM checking, CP checking, etc.

I'm on cycle 3 off birth control (Mirena IUD). I am charting my temps but not for the purpose of timing :sex: I'm more interested to know my body/cycle because I find it extremely interesting. Last month we completely missed BDing around ovulation and the month before that, we DTD a few days before but not on the day of or after. This month things are looking "good" as far as our BDing has gone but we were intending to prevent this month due to our wedding next month so I'm not too focused on it. We're just DTD when we feel like it which has been a lot lately as our wedding is approaching!! :)

I'm on my third cycle off BFP. My cycles went straight to normal after stopping the pill. I hope they do for you too, and you get your BFP soon :)

One month and we BD everyday

Is that considered NTNP though? Or where you guys just really in the mood? lol

When we were diligently TTC we DTD every single day and got preggo both times, but the idea was to take the mundane out of it by just doing it when we wanted to lol

Off Mirena since october 8 cycles later not pregnant yet. NTNP. first couple cycles we didn't BD on O day. Now we are just doing it when ever we want. :) Just depends on the person!

When we were diligently TTC we DTD every single day and got preggo both times, but the idea was to take the mundane out of it by just doing it when we wanted to lol

Unless a couple have a really really active sex life i would say it was more TTC??! But then thats just from my experience of TTC before, this time we are NTNP so its not so much hard work :laugh2:

Unless a couple have a really really active sex life i would say it was more TTC??! But then thats just from my experience of TTC before, this time we are NTNP so its not so much hard work :laugh2:

OH and I are NTNP and have been DTD every day since I came off BCP. But only because my sex drive came back (the pill can mess with your libido). But I notice if I actually talk about TTC (which is very rare) my OH isn't interested in DTD. I think if we were TTC we probably wouldn't ever DTD; talking about ovulation, CM, and temps isn't exactly sexy lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->