how long to go back to work?

L

larudy13

I need to get to work, finances are really tight..
How soon do you think its OK to go back to work?

Since you're in the US, you're allowed 6 weeks off for vaginal birth and 8 weeks for c section. I have heard of people going back earlier if needed. I guess it all depends on you and how you feel.:flower:

Just realized that you posted in the Caesarean Section:dohh:: How are you feeling physically and what type of job do you have? If you are going back to work earlier, make sure that your doctor knows. I thought that I was fine 6 weeks pp, but it took 8 weeks pp for me to feel as if I was almost normal.

From my own experience i would not of been able to of worked for at least 12 weeks after the c section. But i didn't recover that well from mine so it could be completely different for you. At the very least i would wait 6-8 weeks. 6 weeks is the normal recovery time from a c-section. Remember it is real major abdominal surgery and to go back to work too soon won't be good for you in the long run.

It all depends. I was back at work four weeks after my first but I had a job where I sit down. The second section it was 8 weeks and I was exhausted after work. What do you do and how are you feeling now.

I work a desk job, at a computer. I started working part-time (20hrs) from home at 4wks post section. I worked full-time (40hrs) from home at 6wks post section. And I was back in the office working full-time at 7wks.

My daughter was at home with me during the time I worked from home. That was hard. She went to daycare full time when I went back to the office.

There's no way I'd have been well enough to go back to work at 6/8 wks but then my recovery from my CS was a long, slow and painful one as I got a nasty infection.

I work for myself and was lucky to be able to take dd to work. I went back at 3 weeks and felt fine. If im.honest.i probably didnt do much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->