How long to prepare for?

Torsie

Getting Married 05/04/11
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

DF and I are WTT, probably for another 2 years, but definitely at least for 1.

In my head this is my WTT plan.

- Stay on the pill until our honeymoon is over (next April)

- Come off pill and both of us start being really healthy (6 months) but still use condoms.

- Stay healthy and stop being careful, give that a few months, and then if no one arrive start to chart etc.

I'm a paranoid sort of girl, so say for example we had a weekend of bad eating/drinking, would that put any of you off trying? OH wants to go on a "baby making cruise" :)wacko: his words :blush:) in 2012, but with all the free food and drink I don't know if it'd be the smartest time to conceive.

Does that make sense?

The free food will definitely not be a problem! As long as you eat a balanced and varied diet normally and make sure you get all your nutrients (you could always take a supplement) generally then a bad day or even a bad week isn't going to affect you that quickly. The alcohol is a personal choice I think. It can affect your chances of conceiving but won't affect the baby until it's conceived and implanted (about a week after ovulation). I'll probably still lay off drink during that time and so will DH but one night won't hurt.

Thank you. :)

We aren't big drinkers anyway (didn't have one drink at all on our 2 week holiday last summer) but I wouldn't want to feel guilty or worried after a glass of wine with dinner etc.

I didn't change a single thing about my lifestyle until i got my BFP (other than taking folic acid). I don't drink anyway but i didn't want to put too much pressure on me or my hubby as i thought that would be more detrimental to our chances and i plan to do the same this time around. Also my hubby was in Afghanistan until right before i got pregnant, i think we would all agree that there are few places/situations less healthy than that! He was lucky to get enough food to get him through each day!

It really is a personal choice though, if it makes you feel better and more relaxed to be super healthy then go for it! Good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->