How long was everyone's Labour?

My labor was 30 hours, baby was sunny side up/back to back- ouch! And I did it drug free. No gas and air as they dont have it here either. Contractions started off immediately after my water broke at 1-4 min. Active labor was about 12 hours. Transition lasted 9 hours :shock: ...so much for transition no lasting no longer 3 hours! :dohh: even though technically active labor was not the entire 30 hrs i still count it bc i had harsh back labor from bubs being posterior and my conractions were anywhere from 1-4 min apart apart immediately so it was a long hard labor but best experience of my life!

Mine was 18 hours from first pains, no pain relief until EMCS

7 hours from waters breaking to having LO on my chest. Just a bit of G&A between 8cm & fully dilated.

38 hours active labour, 19 minutes pushing only spent four hours at the hosipital laboured at home after being checked for dilation. no drugs all au natural :)
(first baby)

24 hours from first contraction to birth !

Induced- 12 hrs and 1 1/3 hrs of pushing. And only pain meds I had was thru the IV. Which didn't do anything but make me loopy!

dd1 - too long!! 3 days (think that's around 70hrs as well) in labour in hospital before a GA EMSC!! Had pretty much every drug in the hospital and it was possibly the most scary experience of my life!

dd2 4hrs start to finish, totally natural, no pain relief :)
(guess which I preferred)

30 hours from first contraction to birth. I arrived at the hospital 4cm dilated and it took 11 hours from then. I used the pool and G&A for pain relief.

I'm hoping this one doesn't take so long to make an appearance!

41 hrs from contractions being every 3-4 minutes and painful:wacko:

i managed to stay at home for quite awhile and only spent the last 7hrs (2hrs pushing) in the birth centre. gas and air, pethadine, natural delivery.

my first son ,was 26 hours . and second son 34 minutes so very very different ha ha
first epidural hated it , 2nd child no pain relieve and loved the labour xx

35 hours from induction pessary, 20 hours from first proper contractions, 14 hours from 3cm and waters broken.

#1 16 and 1/2 hours
#2 8 and 1/4 hours
#3 4 hours

will #4 be 2 hours?!?!?!!?

#1 34.5 hours from waters breaking (contractions started right away every 5 mins). Active labour probably counted as the last 5 hours after I went on syntocinon.
#2 22 hours (again contractions every 5 mins), no pain relief, natural homebirth. My records say 1.25 hours active labour but it's just taken from when the mw arrived to when my baby arrived.

1st: waters broke at 3pm and he was delivered at 8:13am the next day. Just over 18 hours.

2nd: 1st membrane of waters broke at 11am, second layer was broken for me around 8pm, he was delivered at 1:54am the next day. Just under 15 hours. I think this labor would have been closer to 5 or 6 hours had both membranes for the water broken at the same time. Things progressed quite quickly after the doctor broke that second layer.

ETA: Oh yeah, I had an epi for both. I am a self-aware wuss! :haha:

Mine was 11 hours from first contraction to delivery. My notes said 2hrs 10min for active phase and 44 minutes pushing but they recorded it from when I arrived at hospital I think. I used pool and gas and air.

with my boys its a bit foggy now as it was 20 and 18 years ago but

#1 - in labour 27 hours (pain relief)- in hospital 7 days
#2 - in labour 4 hours (pain relief but didnt kick in till after :growlmad: dry birth waters broke 70 hours before) - in hospital 5 days

now my daughters were a totally different story

#1 - in labour 4 hours (at home for 3 and a half) no pain relief:happydance: - in hospital over-night as no drs on::cry:

#2 - in labour 2 hours ( at home for 1 hour) no pain relief:happydance: in hospital 4 hours:happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->