How long was everyone's Labour?

48 hours and 20 mins, start to finish, my contractions never became regular at all! Used tens, gas and air and the pool.

from my first contraction (waters breaking) to him arriving - 32 hours

2.5 hour labour with g&a. LO arrived 5 weeks early but no tear, no stitches and no problems with LO or me. :happydance:

From my waters going it was about 8 hours with gas and air and pethadine.

x

56 hrs from first contraction to birth with ds1 ( pushed for 2 hours then ventouse )

7 hours 53 min from first contraction to birth with ds2 ( pushed 7 times lol )

from very 1st contraction mine was about 10 hours. just had a little gas n air :)

Mine was 70 odd hours from start to finish with just pethadine

1st boy 16 years ago pitocin induction @40 weeks started at 8am delivery same day at 4.31pm deliverd with g&a and diamorphine inj

2nd boy 13 years ago as above even to time delivered at 4.31pm spooky:haha:

So for my 3rd boy i had a schedule to keep but as you read on it all went to pot!

Induced labour @35 weeks gestation for about 20 hours with excruciating pains, active labour 27mins:wacko:from 1cm to 10 cm in 27 mins, delivered on 2 co-codamol and g&a, no pushing :blush: waters broke then baby and placenta flew out 30 seconds later with a bit of a grunt and chew on the g&a mouthpeice. I felt out of control of the birth i wasnt allowed to have g&a before the 27 min labour (even though i was begging for it!) as they said i was not in active labour so by the time i got to the g&a i didnt even take a breath without the mouthpeice in and even after delivery i refused to give it back :haha: traumatised by the whole experience:nope:

First baby -

Had contractions on & off for a couple of days, put them down to BH as was only 33weeks. Started timing contractions at 7pm Sat night, they were 5mins apart, DS was born at 2.46am on the Sunday, after 2mins of pushing. Not sure how long I was in active labour for as at 11pm I was 1cm dialated, they never checked again as they didn't think I was in labour.

Second baby -

Contractions started 9am Monday morning, by 11.30pm I was only 1-2cm, nearly had EMC, LO's heart rate dropped, so was prepped for theatre, just about to get anesthestic when it went back to normal. Midnight, they checked his oxygen levels, was 5cms dialated. Was given G&A (Fab stuff!), at 12.20, I was 7cm then at 12.30 I needed to push & at 12.32 DS was born.

Baby 1: 42+ weeks, labour started naturally 6hrs 46mins
Baby 2: 39 weeks, labour started naturally 6hours
Baby 3: 38 weeks, labour started naturally 1hr 30mins!!
Baby 4: 36 weeks, labour started naturally 36 mins!!! :wacko:
Baby 5: 34 weeks , labour induced due to broken waters 1hr 30mins
Baby 6: 36 weeks, labou induced due to broken waters 6 hours 30 mins!!

'Technically' mine was 8 hours according to hospital notes, but it depends where you want to start the clock from! I would say I was in pain for about 22 hours. G&A, failed epidural and then required a spinal block right at the end at 10cm dilated for a ventouse delivery.

my 1st 3 days felt like forever and second was induced and 6 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"