• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Many 40 + TTC Au Natural, No meds, IVF etc?

OMG :happydance: ladies, I'm so desperately happy to have found this thread :flower: and you gals.

I'm also 41, and ttc the old fashioned way. Hubby and I already have two, but feel like, well if we want anymore, we need to have them NOW :blush:

We're also using the CBFM, and a fabulous tip, I buy the test sticks, on ebay, in bulk (60 sticks or 3 boxes) for a fraction of the price.

I'm strangley ovulating on day 10, of a 28 day cycle, so thank god for the CBFM. Currently waiting on AF, due in the next week, not holding out alot of hope, due to Hubby being away on a few HIGH days, DTD, but well you never know. :kiss:

Baby dust to you all, and good to talk

Bonny :cloud9:

Hiya :hi: ladies!!!! I am looking forward to lots more ladies joining this thread. So happy to have found it....please please lets keep it going to support each other. We need the support, the success stories...they all keep me positive. I need you all hehe xx

Welcome Bonny1:flower:

Hi MissyMooMoo, well still no sign of CBFM telling me AF is due, so it's still a waiting game today... yawn :dohh:

AND it's raining... :blush: and I have the cold, need to go back to bed :sleep:

hugs to everyone

Bonny

Awwww Bonny1 I am not using OPK's and CBFM this month. We are going to have a break and just :sex: when we feel like it. I hope your CBFM shows AF soon for you hun! x

Yeah go back to bed in the warmth. Where are you from? :hugs:

hello,iam 43 and my oh is 33.been trying for 19 months and no joy.:nope:this month we are doing nothing ,just dtd,see if i have any joy.
tainja,51,wow,gl to you.:happydance:

:hi: babyanise you are doing same as we are then. Lots of :dust: to you x

hi girls, reading the threads on this page has given me a lot of hope, im 43 dh has just turned 43, we have been trying for our 1st baby together for 2.5 years now have been pregnant 5 times but have m/cd all 5, last one was in may, we have just started trying again, ( i do hav 2 children boy of 23 n a girl of 14 but with an ex partner who turned them both against me haven't seen children for nearly 7 yrs not through lack of trying). desperatly want a baby with my hubby who means the world to me, good luck to everyone... lov donna xxx

Hiya Donna welcome! :hi:. Awww so sad that he turned them against you. Are you using OPKS or CBFM? x

hi girls, reading the threads on this page has given me a lot of hope, im 43 dh has just turned 43, we have been trying for our 1st baby together for 2.5 years now have been pregnant 5 times but have m/cd all 5, last one was in may, we have just started trying again, ( i do hav 2 children boy of 23 n a girl of 14 but with an ex partner who turned them both against me haven't seen children for nearly 7 yrs not through lack of trying). desperatly want a baby with my hubby who means the world to me, good luck to everyone... lov donna xxx

I had my kids taken by my ex and his mom too...21 years ago. Chin-up they do come back to you but I stlll shed a tear every single day for my greatest lost-my three kids who although they are now are grown, I missed so much..for what it's worth I feel your pain and love you because of it. God was so good to me because I was given a 8 hour old baby girl by my helper 16 years ago and she filled that void.

Im so glad this thread has taken off! And may i add i passed on some of the truly amazing success stories in here to a dear friend who's had 2mc's and 2 bfn, all with ivf (she's 42). She was truly inspired, particularly as they have no reason found for their infertility.

Good going gals, and may i say that our stories combined share a common thread of perseverance, hope and true optimism - long may it continue :)

:hugs: Omi xxx

I just wanted to ask, I ovulated on Day 10, as per CBFM, weird I know, so we DTD, a few around this time... :hugs:

now...

when do I start to testing for pregnancy? do I wait until the monitor tells me, near day 28, or because I ovulated early, will my test date be earlier?

crikey, I'm confused myself... does my cycle of 28 days remain the same, no matter when I ovulate, is what I think I mean.. lol lol lol :shrug:

flu ridden Bonny :kiss:

thank you for your kind words of support girls, missymoomoo, no hun not using opks or cbfm, i had a dnc with baby no2 pregnancy's 1 n 2 were in 2008 , and it was 3 mths before af arrived so decided to use cbfm to try again, but it just screwed my head up, i did loads of the cbfm the following mth but never said that i was ovulatin, i saw my dr n he said that once us ladies get to 35 to 40 we don,t actually ovulate every mth, so gave up that idea,no3 concieved in june lost in aug 2009, i then didn't fall pregnant again untill jan of this year lost in march, although we were practiceing safe sex on the advice of the dr, i feel pregnant almost immediatly, i thought it was fate, but unfortunatly fate gave us a cruel blow n i m/cd baby no 5 in may. we have just started trying again only taking folic acid thats it so once again it's down to praying n hopeing that fate will be good to us, i wish all you girls the best af luck n all the love in the world,....tianja i do hope you are right i love n miss my kids so much, i have been led to believe that im actually a grandmother to a child my son has fathered but i only found out that through a friend,thanx agin for the messages of support....love donna xxx

I just wanted to ask, I ovulated on Day 10, as per CBFM, weird I know, so we DTD, a few around this time... :hugs:

now...

when do I start to testing for pregnancy? do I wait until the monitor tells me, near day 28, or because I ovulated early, will my test date be earlier?

crikey, I'm confused myself... does my cycle of 28 days remain the same, no matter when I ovulate, is what I think I mean.. lol lol lol :shrug:

flu ridden Bonny :kiss:

Nice detective work Bonny!:thumbup: You might have been fumbling around for ages if not for the trusty CBFM, is it a bit unusual to ovulate that early, but not unheard of. Your O date can change from cycle to cycle, so keep an eye on it. If you want to test early, then the earliest would be around 10 days past ovulation, you will see it as 10dpo around here, so roughly day 20 of your cycle. The only thing that wont change normally is your luteal phase, which is the time after ovulation till your period shows up, at the moment with a cd10 ovulation, your luteal phase is 18 days, which is a long one, they range anywhere from 10-18 days, any longer or shorter then its classed as haviong a defect, so you are all good!:thumbup: Of course the longer you leave to test, the less dissapointment and chances of getting a false negative from testing too early. Good luck to you hun!:hugs:

WannaB - I was under the impression that Luteal phases always stay the same no matter when you ovulate. Hmmmm. That's what I have heard anyway. It is the follicle phase that can change from AF until Ovulation, but never the Luteal phase.

Thats what I said MissyMooMoo, your lp normally doesnt change, but it can be one or two days either side, in general it stays at the same length.

The only thing that wont change normally is your luteal phase, which is the time after ovulation till your period shows up, at the moment with a cd10 ovulation, your luteal phase is 18 days, which is a long one, they range anywhere from 10-18 days, any longer or shorter then its classed as haviong a defect, so you are all good!

I even left in my typo!:blush::haha:

Hmm that's interesting about the length of the luteal phase always being the same, do you mean approximately to the day or exact to the day? :wacko: The reason I ask is because I think I ovulated on CD14 this month which is a couple of days earlier than last month (I've only been casually keeping track though and last month was my 1st month of ovulation testing) anyway I assumed that my period would still be due around CD28 (which is this friday) but last month my luteal phase was 12 days, so if it was the same length this month it would mean that AF should have arrived yesterday :happydance: Is that right or just wishful thinking? :shrug: Other than a few spots on my chin I don't feel pre-menstrual, I'm full of cold but otherwise feel normal but tests are all :bfn:

Thats what I said MissyMooMoo, your lp normally doesnt change, but it can be one or two days either side, in general it stays at the same length.

The only thing that wont change normally is your luteal phase, which is the time after ovulation till your period shows up, at the moment with a cd10 ovulation, your luteal phase is 18 days, which is a long one, they range anywhere from 10-18 days, any longer or shorter then its classed as haviong a defect, so you are all good!

I even left in my typo!:blush::haha:

:blush: I stand corrected hehe :thumbup::haha::haha: Sorry I missed that. It was late and I was tired lol.

Hello Ladies, I've resisted the temptation of doing the test, and decided to leave it as long as I possibly can, I'm still too flu'y anyway :wacko: and tbh I'm not sure about this month, so I feel I'm waiting on AF.

you guys are seriously well informed, I'm so glad I found you all.. :happydance:

Bonny

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->