How Many 40 + TTC Au Natural, No meds, IVF etc?

Omi

A Mummy At Last!
Reaction score
I was just wondering, really.. How many of you are TTC au natural, having no meds (clomid etc), no nothing just you and him, a few magic potions and a prayer?

Im curious i guess, as being 40 i don't qualify for IVF and the sorts and not being independently wealthy (i wish) we don't have the funds to pay £3500-£4500 a pop (if it was 3 tries..different story..) Anyway..

So, except for the cbfm, a few sticks here and there and the trusty prenatal, that's pretty much us. Anyone else?

Omi xxx :kiss:

Hi Omi,
We are same as you, just trying to do it naturally right now, we have changed our diets allot in last few months, eating more healthy, trying to add antioxgens type foods allot, and taking prenatal vits for us both, and some Maca extract too, we too don’t qualify for nhs fertility treatment, which really peeves me off tbh..... Was thinking of trying Chinese treatment as in herbal, will look into to that later.... My Gp is doing some tests for me at mo, i.e. FSH and LH and thyroid bloods... also will be doing my prostgene blood next week too, and i'm also booked in for a transvaginal scan at end of month. That’s about it so far. Next.......lol

I know what you mean. Ive had some things done, but not majority invasive as did get pg twice although mc. But hey. I was told, and i signed for a dye thing so i don't know. Otherwise its just my eggs and hubby's sperm really. He's come out clean so one can only hope and pray really! :)

Good luck, chicken!

Omi xxx

me!! except for started on soy if you can class that as meds at all. just me and DF, the monitor, a few ov kits, the folic acid, a bit of conceive plus and the soy more recently. I'm 40 and not looked into any tests yet since MMC last Nov as only really started TTC properly in April this year. We go on a cruise at the end of Pct so if it hasn't happened by the time we get back, I will go to the GP and see what tests we can get done as I am 41 in Dec. DF is only 26 so can't see there being a problem with him but you never know I suppose. x

Me too...just taking pre-natal vits etc. Cycle is a bit dodge and not sure if I'm ov'ing possibly cos still breastfeeding so might start taking agnus castus next cycle. I'm just 43 and was 41 when I fell pg with DD, nearly 42 when she was born and we weren't even trying...just not preventing so hope that gives you some positive thought vibes :) I'm hoping that as we fell easily that time, it shouldn't be a non-runner two years on. Fingers crossed!!

Me too, i just had Korben nearly 6mths ago at 40 and trying again one last time, wasnt trying with Korben it just happened, so fingers crossed im blessed again soon x

Hubby and I conceived in November 2009 and Logan was born 3 weeks ago. We had been TTC for 14 months before we got lucky. I am 41 and we want to start TTC again ASAP au naturale. We need to wait a few weeks for blood tests to come back as Logan has Downs, undiagnosed until he was 1 day old. We may have to have genetic testing or counselling first but are keen for a brother or sister for our lovely little boy :)

Me too , just taking prenatal supplements and using conceive plus but other than that its just us during what nature intended :sex: I'm 40 and as far as I'm aware in full working order :winkwink: but we've only been trying for approx 2 months, so early days. However, before we started TTC I told my OH that if we couldn't conceive naturally then its not meant to be because I don't really want to go down the meds route. A bit selfish perhaps because I already have a child and he doesn't but I just don't feel like I'm ready to put myself through that amount of stress. Who knows maybe I'll change my mind if nothing happens in the next year but we'll see :shrug:

I'm 40 (will be 41 in Dec) only been ttc our first for 5 months. Have been using various things , CBFM, BBT every morning, some prenatals, vit B6, 5mg folic acid tablets which I did get from the dr,conceive plus and a little bit of baby dust !

Me!! I'm 40 - about to be 41 in Oct. Have one child (now 8 years old) and would love a little brother or sister for him. I've had day 21 progesterone which was 36 - I'm told thats good. DH has had SA which was all fine. I have regular periods. We don't take anything exept prenatal vits. I do use the CBFM and occasionally OPks. WE've been ttc no 2 for 21 months with nothing. Was referred to fertility clinic but decided we didn't want to go down an invasive route. Hoping that its just taking a little longer cause of our age (DH is 42) but that everything seems to be in working order. Some months I lose hope though so its lovely to hear of so many other ladies around my age doing more or less the same as us xx

Im 42 and did it the old fashion way as well! I did have to use heparin shots daily till 12 weeks to get to this stage as I had 4 miscarriages prior, but in an 8 month period of ttc I fell pregnant a total of 5 times, so it just goes to show its not all true about it being harder to fall pregnant in your 40's! Good luck to you all ladies!:hugs:

Me!!! :wave:
I am 41 in Oct, and we did the NTNP till late June, then went for it big time! :thumbup:
On my 3rd cycle I got my :bfp: and that month I did no opk's, stopped pregnacare, and didn't even haul him for :sex: around the 'right' time, as I just thought it won't happen at my age! How wrong was I?!!!!
Lots of luck to all you ladies!
Jo xx

Wow Joanne40 Congrats :happydance: its very encouraging to hear positive experiences like yours, it gives us all hope :hugs:

Well i concieved my ds at 39 [nearly 40] fairly easily. I conceived but m/c in February and i am got my bfp a week ago, praying it sticks around. I am 42 [soon to be 43] I havent done anything except dtd every other day. We were ttc for 5 mnths and the m/c in between..so have been pregnant twice in a 5 month period. I keep getting told its possible to get pregnant but may well take you longer. Goodluck. x

Me!!! :wave:
I am 41 in Oct, and we did the NTNP till late June, then went for it big time! :thumbup:
On my 3rd cycle I got my :bfp: and that month I did no opk's, stopped pregnacare, and didn't even haul him for :sex: around the 'right' time, as I just thought it won't happen at my age! How wrong was I?!!!!
Lots of luck to all you ladies!
Jo xx

Congrats Joanne, this is really inspiring for me xxxx

I'm au-natural too. Just me, OH the opks, a thermometer and a few herbs and spices! I take royal jelly, a prenatal multi vit, Evening Primrose Oil up to O day, and for the last couple of cycles I've been trying Soy Isoflaverones. Oh and I just added FertilCM to the equation, this cycle. (Made by the makers of Fertilaid) supposed to improve CM, but it's a natural product. Like you, Omi the cost of IVF that might not work puts it off the radar - unless maybe I win the lottery. but I reckon that will be just as hard as ttc naturally :hugs:

Thanks for all your posts ladies! I really appreciate hearing im not alone but also of the success stories in here. Great stuff, indeed! :)

Just goes to prove its not necessarily age and that it can happen the old-fashioned way.

This has really cheered me up :):):)

I don't quite qualify for this thread as I'm 37, but we're TTC au naturel as well... I agree, it's uplifting to see it CAN be done!

Ok- here's my story...I had an ectopic pregnancy at 35 and I was 19 weeks pregnant!!!!

Gave up because I lost my tube on the right side. Never gave pregnancy another thought. We moved to the Caribbean to retire - built our dream home in the mountains overlooking the sea.... Funny thing here is that most women think nothing about having children way up to their 50's - it's as common as having your children up to your 30's back home.

Well I caught the syndrome - thought I finally started menopause at 51. Had a brown show in May...all the pregnancy symptoms...but a negative urine test...kept feeling pregnant... and now I'm 19 weeks pregnant again at 51!!!

And I'm happy and content.

Wow tainja I am so happy for you. What an incredible story.

I am so glad to have found this thread. I was 41 in June and we have been TTC since Feb this year when I came of the bcp. OH is 33 and he has had SA and everything was good there. I have had bloods done in March and my progesterone was 32.8 which proved I am ovulating. I also had a transvaginal scan and everything was good there. I have been using OPK's and CBFM and we are both taking vits and I am taking Folic Acid. I had identical twins at age 20 conceived naturally and born naturally. I came off the bcp and fell pregnant right away in first month of TTC (with another partner then).

I hope we get LOTS and LOTS and LOTS more ladies giving up their lovely stories and giving all the ladies in here the hope they need!!!!

Your stories are inspiring and we really appreciate them. So COME ON LADIES OVER 40......lets hear your stories. We need them!!!:happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->