how many at your hen party?

callmedan

Reaction score
im getting married in May next year :)happydance:) and been thinking about my hen party...
this is going to sound quite sad but i dont really have female friends outside of work, I have lots of friends at work but they are throwing me their own hen party so wont be coming to mine planned by my chief bridesmaid

im just worried my hen party will look empty, we are planning an activity for the day (something like cocktail making - or tasting) then a night out but with family and friends who are coming there will probably be about 15 of us, is this enough?
how many did you have at your hen partys? thanks :) x

I had my chief bridesmaid, my mum and about 5 or 6 friends, 15 is loads!

There were around 10 at mine.. But I didn't end up having one.

We had our wedding booked before I was pregnant and we cancelled it when we found out. When our LO was born, we booked a very last minute wedding and on the night of my hen party, LO was really poorly and DH was away on his stag do.

There were about 15 at mine and I thought that was a lot. :haha:

Never got to have one as I had seriously lazy bridesmaids! I have decided I am planning my own day even thought I got married in November, but I think there will just be three of us as I don't have any close friends and only two sisters who I'm in regular contact with. I don't think the number matters so long as you have fun.

Thanks for the replies, 15 is a maximum I think. I'm just getting a bit nervous as I don't want people to feel sorry for me if I have no one there! I'm perfectly happy in my situation, my OH is my best friend wouldn't have it any other way and I have 3/4 male friends I have been friends with since primary and a ginormous family!
My (single) older sister is a bit of a social butterfly and I don't want anyone to pity me compared to her! I love my situation but know what she's like...

I felt the same about my hen do in that I didn't want people feeling sorry for me, but as it turns out I had 13 at mine :)

I went to a hen do that had cocktail making last year it was such a laugh so I'm sure you'll have fun no matter how many turn up :)

If hen party is the same as a bachelorette party than I had 5. I actually am not close to many females. Most females I am friends with are wives of my guy friends. And everyone lived out of state from us. I was more than ok with who I had there and that it was small and intimate because that's who I am and what I like. The people who will be there for you are there for YOU. Don't let your sister over shadow your day. If there was someone I was concerned would feel bad for me or pity me for not having an event up to their standards, they would not have been invited. This is a time to celebrate you and your happiness don't let anyone take that from you.

I had 16 at mine. They included my sister, MIL, SIL, mum, 5 female friends, a couple of cousins, my best man and 4 male friends. Scrap the whole 'it's just for women' thing. My best friends are male. I would of rather not had one than not have them there.

I had three at mine and it was exactly what I wanted, day out, champagne lunch, fancy meal in evening and cocktails in a posh bar overlooking a river at night then home by midnight. A few friends and family got pissy that they weren't invited and there was no big night out but it who cares, it was my night.

The best hen parties I have been to had between 7 and 10 and they were all events; cocktail making, pole dancing and making a music video experience day, all followed by big night out.

I had 5 friends round for my hen party. We ordered pizza and watched episodes of Xena, and then we broke into* a Wacky Warehouse and went to play in the ball pools in the dark haha.

*One of my friends worked there so she had a key, but of course we weren't meant to be in there at midnight lol.

That was all we did. I was 16 weeks pregnant so we couldn't really go out drinking or clubbing.

I had 18 at mine we all went from Cheshire to Newcastle upon Tyne for a weekend fri-Sunday. It was great I wanted the whole cheesy hen do with willies everywhere. Went to a strip show to had a hilarious time!

Not mine but my friends back in May we went away for the weekend, it was just our close group of girl friends and there was 10 of us. Then in June she had one at home and there was about 20 of us because she invited all of us, her Mum, people she worked with etc.

thanks for the replies! im looking forward to it now :)

My sister is having hers in October and she has to have 2! A wild one (which is a cruise on the Waverely boat for 20 girls) then a more sedate one for older relatives and her MIL (a nice meal and drinks in a posh restaurant). I'm going to both :haha:

Think there were 12 at mine, that included my Mam and auntie and OHs family lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->