How many bottles?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
How many bottles would you girls recommend I buy?

:D x

6 to start with.. then you have a full 24 hours worth right there.

At Bethanie's age now, we have 3 bottles and 3 at my mums house, because she has 3 feeds a day.

I have :

5 large tommy tippee ones and 3 small and i still have to sterlise and wash out twice a day.

If bubs like my madam she will feed every 2 hours so unless you wanna be sterlising in the middle of the night or 6 times a day i say the same amount as me.

I got one small one free with my brest pump and i think and one free in the sterliser

xxx

yeah 6-8 will do ya hun
Jack fed every 2-3 hours to begin with so was sterilising and making twice a day

So far i've got a pack of 4 bottles & the 3 free ones inside the steriliser, all on offer in Tesco last weekend, lol!! Think i'll get some of the small ones aswell, they are quite good when baby is only taking small feeds.

I'd say you wouldn't need anymore than 8.

i got 9 lol, saved having to wash and sterilise every few hours due to minimal feeding to begin with :D

Cool thanks - must get more from tesco whist they are on offer then :D I got 4 & 2 free in my steriliser I think :D

I actually find it easier now to just have a few bottles, when we had 6, we'd leave them around the house or they'd get moved (quite a few of us living here) or they'd get left and id be washing 6 bottles at once when id rather be spending time with Bethanie.

At first 6 is definitely helpful, but not necessary as they get older especially when they're not having milk with all feeds.

Deffo 6+ hun saves on time ...

Soon as we have fed her we wash out the bottle then when we have 3+ we steralise .....

That leave 5 in the fridge .... also helps as now they tell you NOT to leave milk out made up for more than an hour but to chuck

xxx

I have 6 of the big Tommee Tippee bottles for feeds and 2 small Avent bottles for water.

I also brought these:- https://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/closer_to_nature_milk_powder_dispensers_pack_of_3_/
So I put the powder into the little containers and they fit snuggly inside the large tommee tippee bottles and leave them on the side till needed.

I use C&G comfort milk which has to be made up whilst the water is hot and you're not supposed to let it cool and keep it in the fridge as it's quite a thick formula.

So I just fill a flask with boiled water 2-3 times a day and literally make the bottles when I need them, takes 2 seconds to open the bottle fill with water from the flask and tip in the powder from the container and shake then leave it in a jug of cold water to cool to the right temp...less than 5 mins.

No bottle warmer, no fridge, no waiting for kettle, just instant bottles.

Sorry waffling :blush: just thought I'd share my tip lol.

Cx

I've got some of those little containers too, i used them last time & they were really handy!!

I have those MrsE :D

Think I'll grab another 4 bottles then and be done (coupel spare at least) :D

we had 7 bottles for rhys and that was a good amount

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back