How many Caitlin's?

OMFG Wobbs! My Nan calls her Caitland on purpose!!!!!! She doesn't like the name Caitlyn and even though I correct her she still does it every time!!!

Muahaha

Its mainly when people who know me/Caitlin spell her name wrong that piffs me off *huff* My Auntie put Caitland on her birth card :trouble: was well pissed lol

:rofl: We have a friend called Caitlin. She has been called so many things; recieved letters to Caitlen, Kaitlyn, Katelan, CAKETIN!, Catelin, Katelynn, Kateylen... God the list is endless.

Caketin was the funniest, though! Especially as that was tickets for a Buffy The Vampire Slayer convention, and the previous year they had spelt her name, "Katelynn" on her ticket badge, so at all the signings the celebs kept signing their autographs to "Katelynn" LOL so that year we ordered the tickets over the phone and I actually told the person we were booking from about what had happened at the previous convention and SPELLED THE NAME OUT for them! HAHAHA 6 weeks later her ticket comes through with bloody CAKETIN (of all things!) it! :rofl:

I would go APE **** at that lol I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue :baby:

Haha

OMFG Wobbs! My Nan calls her Caitland on purpose!!!!!! She doesn't like the name Caitlyn and even though I correct her she still does it every time!!!

Oops!!

Aunt was genuine mistake she rushed the card getting there etc as I went early.

Hope it doesn't bother you too much ... :(

Amanda's middle name is Katelanne. I spelled it that way to combine two of my favorite family member's names - my aunt is Kathy and my mom is Anne.

I loved the name :)

Doesn't bother me as much as it used to. When I was pregnant it made me mad because it made me second guess my name choice! If there is a next time I won't be telling anyone.

Muahaha

Its mainly when people who know me/Caitlin spell her name wrong that piffs me off *huff* My Auntie put Caitland on her birth card :trouble: was well pissed lol

:rofl: Zara's mam kept calling Caitlyn Caitland... :saywhat:

i love the name caitlyn whichever way it is spelt lol but my surname is Collins so i think caitlyn collins sounded silly so we decided against it, i dont know anyone named caitlyn where i am from and i have worked in a childrens nursery for 5 years and not one has been in there either

Lou
xxx

Depending on how you spell it the name actually has different meanings. :)

Caitlin - Virginal Beauty
Caitlyn - Pure Beauty

Kaitlyn - Pure

But they are ALL Celtic names obviously. Oddish. lol :) x

I love the name but its far too popular for me to use, my SS has about 3 in his class.

Caitlin is a very very popular name, if I remember right it is the Irish form of Catherine, thats why it is so popular here. It is very rare to get it spelt with a Y, well here anyway because the proper Irish spelling is "Caitlin".

I love the name! But have about 10 people we know with the name and two family members with it.
So i couldnt choose it :(

Caitlin is a very very popular name, if I remember right it is the Irish form of Catherine, thats why it is so popular here. It is very rare to get it spelt with a Y, well here anyway because the proper Irish spelling is "Caitlin".
Yep at Caitlin is the Irish way of spelling :D none faniced up.

My sister is Caitlin, shes 15 so there aren't many her age, but at the Mums and Tots group I go to with Brady, there are so many Caitlin/Caitlyn/Kaitlyns!

I love the name, I have a Katie but her full name is Katherine which is a combination of her 2 deceased great grandmothers - Catherine & kathleen. I don't mind Katie being called Kate (Joe calls her this :D ) but my mum sometimes calls her Kitty :hissy: it drives me bonkers and I always correct her for it!

i think its a beautiful names, maddi was very nearly a caitlyn - before she was born i had narrowed it down to three choice-
maddilynne hope
caitlyn hope
regan hope

My middle name is Kaitlin, and we were thinking of using it for our LO but we went with Kathryn instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->