how many cloth nappies do i need to buy ?

emmi26

Pregnant
Reaction score
hi
me again ive started my collection of cloth nappies however could someone please tell me roughly how many i will need for a newborn if im washing every other day ? i may wash every day if i have lots to wash just a little confused by how many i will need to start with for a newborn

thankyou

emma

Typically, newborns are changed more frequently and you can expect 10-12 changes per 24 hours. I suppose it depends on the kind of diapers you are planning to use also. I only use pockets and they have worked great for us and have fit from 8lbs (when she was 4 weeks old).

When I started, I had 24 pockets with 2 inserts each, though I've never had to double stuff as she is not a heavy wetter. I washed every day at that point because my wash routine was unnecessarily long (3 full cycles whereas now it's only 2).

I added 12 more to my stash and I may branch out and try an AI2 or AIO and something with double gussets, maybe a WAHM. I think I want my stash to be about 40.

Baby is 9 months now and I go through about 6-8 cloth per day. I wash every other day.

Maybe some moms who use other kinds can chime in here. :D

24 is a good starting number for a newborn. If you will be line drying you may want a few more if some types you choose will take a long time to dry.

I'd aim for around 20. It does depend on what drying facilities you have though. I had to get more in the winter and now have around 35, including 5 night nappies.

Hi thanks for your help
So far I have bought 4 applecheeks in size 1 they go upto 20 lbs so if I aim for around 24 size 1 then the rest size 2 should that be ok ?

Thanks

Emma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"