How many dpo would you test?

dakini

Reaction score
Ok, not sure if anyone's read my other post, but I am trying to figure out if my temp dip was due to implantation...how many days do you usually wait to test? I am 9dpo and am not sure if I should test this weekend. AF is due to come on Monday and that would make me 15dpo. FF is telling my to wait until Friday to test!

I just don't know what to do, and I was so positive it was going to be a BFN this month, and now I don't know...

Hi hun,

I would test the weekend, but not worry if it isn't a BFP as it could still be too early for some people........make sure you use FMU!

Best of luck babe! https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Baby%20dust%20Baby%20Dance/th7ebabydust7e.gif

I would test once your period is late TBH.

I agree with Beanz, I don't plan to do any testing until AF is late in arrival. I hate the thought of spending a lot of money on HPTs :rofl:

i would wait till day af is due that way you will get a more accurate result. i just wish i could follow my own advice i am just one day post ovulation and i want to poas already:hugs:

Bloody hell, where did you controlled lot come from? Where are the peestickaholics?!?!?! :lol:

Bloody hell, where did you controlled lot come from? Where are the peestickaholics?!?!?! :lol:

:rofl::rofl: sorry but my DH won't even consider buying an HPT until AF is late :rofl::rofl:

I'm with Tam - I want to test already but really don't want to see a BFN...as for cost, I found tests at the Dollar Store and they are as sensitive, if not more, than other tests out there and everything I've read and such is that they are correct. I have those and 1 First Response to use after the cheapies come back with a BFP...I just don't know how long to wait! It's driving me crazy!

And Vickie - my DH doesn't have any control of that - I went out and bought them on my own! 8)

well I would but we live in downtown Toronto, which you would think great lots of places to shop but our place is kinda in the middle of nowhere-not many stores. So when we do go shopping we go together, just easier, more hands to carry things lol. If I really wanted to buy one I could, my DH wouldn't complain tooooooooo much lol but I'd personally rather wait until AF is due, I really don't want to see a BFN, too disappointing.

Great tip on the dollar store, will haveta check that out next time we are there!!

Ahhh, see I do the shopping pretty much on my own. And with friends. DH doesn't really come with me at all. So I have no one to answer to while shopping. Can get me in trouble sometimes...

A friend tipped me off about the dollar store hpt, I have taken one so far and it read fine, it was just a BFN. And really, as long as it's not expired, works for me...especially when you really want to poas and you're sure it's too early or it's not really going to be a BFP...I will be a poas-oholic at some point here...already feeling the urge...but then again, not really as I'm sure it's not our cycle.

Still want to know when I should test...the thing is that I don't want to test on a weekday as DH is still asleep when I leave, and really, if it was BFP do you really think I'd get any work done? It's bad enough how much I am slacking this week as it is...:blush:

Ahhh, see I do the shopping pretty much on my own. And with friends. DH doesn't really come with me at all. So I have no one to answer to while shopping. Can get me in trouble sometimes...

A friend tipped me off about the dollar store hpt, I have taken one so far and it read fine, it was just a BFN. And really, as long as it's not expired, works for me...especially when you really want to poas and you're sure it's too early or it's not really going to be a BFP...I will be a poas-oholic at some point here...already feeling the urge...but then again, not really as I'm sure it's not our cycle.

Still want to know when I should test...the thing is that I don't want to test on a weekday as DH is still asleep when I leave, and really, if it was BFP do you really think I'd get any work done? It's bad enough how much I am slacking this week as it is...:blush:

I would try to hold off til Sunday I think hun, only to give a better chance of a BFP.......and as I said, if a BFN, then don't panic as nothing is lost til that old :witch: turns up!
https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Baby%20dust%20Baby%20Dance/remoteImage-123.gifhttps://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Baby%20dust%20Baby%20Dance/remoteImage-123.gifhttps://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Baby%20dust%20Baby%20Dance/remoteImage-123.gifhttps://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Baby%20dust%20Baby%20Dance/remoteImage-123.gifhttps://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Baby%20dust%20Baby%20Dance/remoteImage-123.gif
Best of luck babe!!! :hugs:x

Hey Dakini!

Good luck getting your BFP! Testing from day 12 post ov. is supposed to be better.

About the implantation dip thing, not to dampen you hopes, but I got really excited last month as I had a major dip day 8, then a skyrocketing temp the following couple of days after. I researched everything about the implantation dip thing and got mixed reviews. Most said it was a myth and that it appears on charts that have got a BFP as well as BFN. However, there are alway stories out there of people who have had the 'implantation dip' and FF states that it appears on about 10% more charts with BFP than BFN - so, who knows! After my 'dip', I ended up getting a BFN and was really disappointed.

Have you any other symptoms?

Well, i am trying to not get my hopes up, hence, when do I test?

I have also had cramps from Saturday/Sunday onward (right around the temp dip), my nipples have been sensitive, and today I am just exhausted. I got around the same amount of sleep as usual but just feeling so tired - almost like i hit a brick wall!, and today my lower back was hurting when I woke up...and that almost never happens - we have a very comfy bed.

Again, I have no idea what any of it means, but after reading so many times that implantation can feel like AF's coming, and now the cramping with a temp dip, I don't know what to think. It feels like AF should be here, but as per my last cycle its too early (by about a week), and even if I have a shorter 28 day-ish cycle, that's not til Thursday. And why the temp dip than spike and cramp? I know last cycle (started charting about 13 days before AF) my temps just started falling and didn't come back up. As much as I want to be pg, I have been thinking about it so much that I am not sure if I'm not making things up in my head...this 2ww sucks!

I know that's long, but hope it helps. :blush: Just been thinking about this too much...I don't want to get my hopes up because I know it can take so long to get pg, and I haven't been trying long...but I feel like I've been ready for it to happen for a lot longer! (was just waiting on DH) And if I am, I want to know. :dohh: And if I'm not, I want to just get on with the next cycle.

From 9dpo is ok

Depends now comfortable you are with testing and how bad a tester you are like me who would test from 7dpo lol

Good luck x

I am trying to rein myself in...once i start poas, I won't be able to stop until AF comes...trying not to...trying not to...but thinking Saturday or Sunday...:dohh:

Well, i am trying to not get my hopes up, hence, when do I test?

I have also had cramps from Saturday/Sunday onward (right around the temp dip), my nipples have been sensitive, and today I am just exhausted. I got around the same amount of sleep as usual but just feeling so tired - almost like i hit a brick wall!, and today my lower back was hurting when I woke up...and that almost never happens - we have a very comfy bed.

Again, I have no idea what any of it means, but after reading so many times that implantation can feel like AF's coming, and now the cramping with a temp dip, I don't know what to think. It feels like AF should be here, but as per my last cycle its too early (by about a week), and even if I have a shorter 28 day-ish cycle, that's not til Thursday. And why the temp dip than spike and cramp? I know last cycle (started charting about 13 days before AF) my temps just started falling and didn't come back up. As much as I want to be pg, I have been thinking about it so much that I am not sure if I'm not making things up in my head...this 2ww sucks!

I know that's long, but hope it helps. :blush: Just been thinking about this too much...I don't want to get my hopes up because I know it can take so long to get pg, and I haven't been trying long...but I feel like I've been ready for it to happen for a lot longer! (was just waiting on DH) And if I am, I want to know. :dohh: And if I'm not, I want to just get on with the next cycle.

The only problem is, AF and pregnancy syptoms are so alike it is heartbreaking when you get that BFN, but you have to take a deep breath and give it a shot......you never know your luck? ;)

There are lots of hugs waiting from all the girls if you need them hun! So you decide when is best for you, as anytime from now could show a possible +, but each day you leave it, you stand a better chance of a true reading, one way or another! x

Good luck testing dakini! I hope you get your BFP this weekend. If AF doesn't show up by Friday or Saturday I'll be testing too

Thanks everyone for your support. We'll see how I am feeling this weekend...and I'll let you all know. And if I do test and it's a BF, I know that there's always hope until the :witch: shows up...

Baby dust to everyone! :dust::dust::dust:

I'd wait until 10 DPO to start realistically, but really I start at 8 DPO & wouldn't expect a BFP until 12-14 DPO. GL and ~*~*~Tons of baby dust!!~*~*~

Good luck Dakini!

Your symptoms do seem to be promising - especially the sore back, cramping and nipples thing. Anything unusual for your cycle should be noticed.

A company called Asda do really cheap HPTs for about £3.00 for two. I think Walmart is Asda's 'sister' company in the States - do you get them in Canada?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->