How many naps at 2 months?

makemeamammy

Reaction score
Hi all, my LO doesn't seem to want to nap much during the day. She tends to just take a half hour nap a few times a day - maybe once in the morning, one around lunch time and maybe another hour in the late afternoon. She usually sleeps well at night although getting her down can be a bit of a nightmare due to what I suspect are some reflux issues.

I looked at a baby whisperer routine and it seemed like baby should be sleeping a lot more than mine is. Just wondered how often and for how long did/does your LO nap for during the day at around 7-10 weeks and when do they tend to take their naps?

Thanks in advance xx

Hi:) my lo will be 8 weeks on Friday, he's generally the same most days although he has the odd day when he's awake more but generally he sleeps between 45 mins (depending on if he's hungry) and 1 to 2 hours at a time, I'd say he's awake for approx 40 mins to maybe an hour before he sleeps for usually 1 to 2 hours. He sleeps most of the evening and then goes to bed around 9 or 10 waking for a bottle at about 12 or 1 then sleeping through til around 7 or 8 xxxx

My daughter is 9.5 weeks and is also a nightmare napwise. Sleeps well at night, goes down between midnight and 1, wakes at 5 for a feed, wakes again between 8 and 9 for a feed then down for another hour. Some days she has a great 3 hour nap at midday - other days she'll fight every nap. Today is one of those days. She's had a couple of half hour stints and I've finally succumbed to putting her in the sling so she's asleep now, but if I stop moving she'll wake. I'm knackered and have got nothing done :-(. Will be looking for tips!

I think that's normal that's what mine does . About 3-4 half hour naps

Flynn has done 3 30min naps since he was about 8 or 9 weeks old. Sometimes his first nap will be longer, but generally he just cat naps during the day. He goes down easily at night &sleeps quite soundly (specially now he is in his own room).

My son also fights naps all day. He is 10 weeks old. As long as I hold him he takes about three 30 min naps and one 1-1.5 hour nap usually in the in the evening. He goes down for the night around 930-10pm. He can only stay awake about 1 hour between naps before becoming cranky.

At that age Sophie was asleep about 1.5 hours, awake for an hour, asleep for 1.5 etc. She seemed to be asleep most of the day.

I read somewhere that at 2 months (9 weeks) they are supposed to be sleeping between 15-16 hours a day. I think Zoe seems to sleep between 12-14 hours a day but I swear I feel like I spend half my day trying to get her to sleep.

I read somewhere that at 2 months (9 weeks) they are supposed to be sleeping between 15-16 hours a day. I think Zoe seems to sleep between 12-14 hours a day but I swear I feel like I spend half my day trying to get her to sleep.

This is exactly how I feel!! Maybe even like I am spending the WHOLE day trying to get him to sleep. My son also sleeps about 12-13 hours, there is no way he would sleep 16 hours.

Added:
Just noticed you live in NYC too! Where?

This is exactly how I feel!! Maybe even like I am spending the WHOLE day trying to get him to sleep. My son also sleeps about 12-13 hours, there is no way he would sleep 16 hours.

Added:
Just noticed you live in NYC too! Where?

Upper West Side, you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"