How many of you had a completely natural birth?

I haven't given birth yet but it is good to know that people have had good experiences without any meds! I understand they are sometimes necessary (and I would do what is necessary to make sure I have a healthy baby) however I have planned a home birth so there will be no pain meds available to me. I am very interested to see what my body is capable of as well:) (it's funny but I feel surprisingly calm about the upcoming labour/birth experience).

One way or another way to go moms! It must be amazing knowing you were able to bring a new life into the world (with or without intervention) :)

i have had two intervention free births, but they were both very different. Ds1 was a planned homebirth but undiagnosed breech and we were transferred to hospital. no pain meds, no episiotomy, and had a vaginal breech birth, despite the doctors. ds2 was a planned unassisted birth, and it was awesome :thumbup:

love it

i did got my home birth on 13th no gas and air, just water and jasmine oil haha

truly amazing

my first was induced, episytomy and gas and air.

my second was a water birth here and i used a tens machine so some might see that as not natural but it sure felt natural to me lol

i have had 1 hospital birth with broken waters, pethidine & gas+air
2 totally natural home births with no pain relief or interventions etc

My first son was born at 35 wks. My water broke and I had gotten a drug drip (I didn't really know what was going on I think. LOL and HATED the drug drip!).

My third child (also a boy) I was at wk 42 and was getting dry in there, so they had to induce. She used some gel stuff on my cervix. But I had no drugs/gas/air.

My middle child was a girl. I had no help whatsoever with her. My MW is soooo wonderful! She basically just stood by and told my dh what to do. Dh caught baby, cut the cord, just about everything he could do. It was SO COOL.

I pray that this one goes as well as that middle one did.

Me!!! 4 times!! No pain meds, no gas and air (we dont use that in the States), just me!!! It is great!!!

I had one and i highly intend to have another! It was an unmeidcated, intervention free (100%- no G&A, no narcotics, no epi, no tens machine, no assitance,no induction, and no augmentation and yes i am in the US...had to fight the system though!) birth of a posterior baby which took 30 hours, 6 hrs of pushing (no assistance!), and 100% back labor. it was a beautiful water birth and i am so blessed have had it!

EDIT***i did HAVE to have a managed 3rd stage with 10uM of pitcoin, but this is only because i was SEVERELY anemic and i bled out 500 (which is the limit and then things go wrong), so at that point they injected it but i feel that was a very much needed intervention due to high blood loss and i do not feel that should count towards my actual labor, as i was given that after the baby and the placenta....(by the time they injected it into my thigh the placenta was on the way out, but it was needed to help stop the blood).

Sorry I didn't read the previous pages, but with my son I had a completely drug and intervention free hospital birth. My son was born at 36 weeks though, so I had to fight not to get induced as soon as my water broke (labour took 4h to start) and to not get IV antibiotics as a precaution. It was an amazing birth - pretty fast, intense, exhilarating and totally out of control. I was due to move cities 5h away the morning my water broke and I was staying on my sisters sofa until mat leave started (that day). My OH had moved two months prior and I had just bought some birthing books I planned to read to get ready! :haha:

So even though everything around me was crazy stressful, the birth was just the most amazing thing I ever experienced. I can only hope this one goes as well. OH and I are planning a home birth this time around :D He is so excited at the thought of having everything planned and being there for the duration - not driving like a maniac through the night to get there :haha: I'm thinking I will get a tub and so hopefully that will ease the pain some! We'll see though!
I'm going to do what I did before - and just ride the wave and see what happens! xx

I haven't given birth yet but I'm really nervous about labor. All my friends have had epis and tell me that I need to get one and that I can't do it naturally. But there's something inside me that says I'll be able to make it through. I don't think I have the support I need lol

I haven't given birth yet but I'm really nervous about labor. All my friends have had epis and tell me that I need to get one and that I can't do it naturally. But there's something inside me that says I'll be able to make it through. I don't think I have the support I need lol

if you really desire a natural birth i HIGHLY suggest you take a comprehensive child birth ed class and one that is not a hospital supplied class! Basically the hospital will just teach how to be a good patient :wacko: I encourage you to take Bradley classes, or Brio Birth, or Hypnobirthing, anything that is good and comprehensive! That will be your best tool! Do that and try to have your significant other attend those classes too!

Also, watch "The Business of Being Born!!!""" you can get it on netflix, and its on youtube.
Get a doula if you can too!

everyone told me i couldn't do it either (im the US, so i know what its like to fight the system), but i DID do it and i even did it unmedicated with a back to back baby that came out facing sunnyside up! It CAN be done!

Baby #1, No pain relief meds at all, but as far as completely natural, I would say no, as I had syntocin to speed things up. My waters had broken 80hrs before bub arrived, so the risk of infection was becoming quite high. Because my waters had already broken, I didn't have enough natural oxytocin in my system to dialate me fast enough. I also had the jab in the leg to birth the placenta.

Baby #2, Completely natural, no induction drugs, no internal stretch and sweeps, no ARM, no pain relief, and no jab in the leg (so I had a physiological 3rd stage). This birth was a beautiful realaxed 6yr labour.

Baby #3, Completely natural, same as above, however is was a fast and intense 44minute labour at home with a physiological 3rd stage as well.

if you really desire a natural birth i HIGHLY suggest you take a comprehensive child birth ed class and one that is not a hospital supplied class! Basically the hospital will just teach how to be a good patient :wacko: I encourage you to take Bradley classes, or Brio Birth, or Hypnobirthing, anything that is good and comprehensive! That will be your best tool! Do that and try to have your significant other attend those classes too!

Also, watch "The Business of Being Born!!!""" you can get it on netflix, and its on youtube.

everyone told me i couldn't do it either (im the US, so i know what its like to fight the system), but i DID do it and i even did it unmedicated with a back to back baby that came out facing sunnyside up! It CAN be done!

I've heard about the Hypnobirthing but I have no idea what that's all about. Lol I've read it mentioned a lot on some of the threads. I'm taking a child labor class right now. They went over medications in this last session and it really makes me not want to get any medicine.

I've heard about the Hypnobirthing but I have no idea what that's all about. Lol I've read it mentioned a lot on some of the threads. I'm taking a child labor class right now. They went over medications in this last session and it really makes me not want to get any medicine.

Its not hyponotizing, i knw a lot of ppl think that, buts its not :thumbup:
You can purchase the book and not take the class, which would be cheaper, if money is an issue. my friend did it and she swears by it...i took bradley classes and was able to birth a posterior/sunnyside up baby intervention free because of it (and my wonderful support team). ...and yes, why i dont like intervention, is because i know way too much about them :dohh:

i found this thread interesting to read i the most part, although i think how things are woded needs to be watched just to make sure certain people dont com across as saying one way is better than another....

with my daughter i planned to have as much of a drug free labour/birth as possible but having never expereinced it before i was keeping an open mind... i have a terrible needle phobia so wanted to avoid epidurals and any other injected pain relief if possible....

i had 18 hours of labour with lilly and only used gas and air and was EXTREMELY proud of myself because im such a wimp.... Gas and air doesnt take the pain away it distracts you from it (well tries to) gives you something else to focus on.... i rather enjoyed it..... by the(almost) end of the birth i was begging for a c section lol....

with my second labour was only 3 hours long but induced and i did think i cant take much more of the contractions i might consider an epidural which was big thing for me, and i really didnt wanna do it, but thankfully Charlie was born shortly after that thought, so again just gas and air and EXTREMELY proud....

My 3rd i plan to be only gas and air and i like idea of water birth, but who knows :) i will go with the flow......

With my first i had an open mind about pain relief. I wanted G&A, didn't really want an epidural but thought i would make up my mind at the time. lol.
I had G&A, diamorphine, picotin drip then an epi so pretty much everything going. lol. I had 12.5 hours of labour and because of the epi i was instructed when to push, this stage lasted about an hour, i tore so i needed stitches and took 6 weeks to heal. Thr epi meant the pushing stage was painless and relaxed but it was more hard work.

I've just had my 2nd and had a completely natural labour. My boy was born at home with no medication at all and no medical intervention. It wasn't a planned home birth but he was just in a hurry :) The ambulance turned up after lo was born but the whole labour lasted about 1.5 hours from my contractions turning painful to lo being born. The pushing stage lasted 5 mins, i only had a slight graze so didn't need stitches but that may be due to not having an epi and my body pushing on it's own. Although the contractions and pushing was very intense without any pain relief. The recovery this time round has been far quicker than my first.

The 2 labours were both completely different but they were both great labours for different reasons. My first was a long labour so i was glad of the pain relief but my second labour was very quick so i had coped better without pain relief. Every labour is different so just go into it with an open mind wether it's your first, second or fifth and just take what medication you feel you need.

My body just pushed on it's own, I wasn't pushing, per se, and I only had a light graze also.

Of course, I had a 4lb baby, haha, but still.

You can purchase the book and not take the class, which would be cheaper, if money is an issue. my friend did it and she swears by it...i took bradley classes and was able to birth a posterior/sunnyside up baby intervention free because of it (and my wonderful support team). ...and yes, why i dont like intervention, is because i know way too much about them :dohh:

I guess I'm going to have to go to the bookstore now! lol I'm trying not to think or stress about how much it's going to hurt. I've had a miscarriage before and that's pretty painful. I can only imagine how a fully developed baby would feel. I don't want to be scared when I go into labour!! lol But my mind is always open to things.

I guess I'm going to have to go to the bookstore now! lol I'm trying not to think or stress about how much it's going to hurt. I've had a miscarriage before and that's pretty painful. I can only imagine how a fully developed baby would feel. I don't want to be scared when I go into labour!! lol But my mind is always open to things.

totally understandable! I had a MC as well and so it me thinking "what will labor be like" ....they are very different, but not necessarily in a negative way, just different in general, anyways, educating yourself is THE BEST WAY to rid the fear! Seriously, education about a normal, intervention free birth as well as education about interventions, needs, non medical reasons, etc. ...you can get the book from amazon, you probbaly wouldn't pay near full price!

totally understandable! I had a MC as well and so it me thinking "what will labor be like" ....they are very different, but not necessarily in a negative way, just different in general, anyways, educating yourself is THE BEST WAY to rid the fear! Seriously, education about a normal, intervention free birth as well as education about interventions, needs, non medical reasons, etc. ...you can get the book from amazon, you probbaly wouldn't pay near full price!

Thanks for the advice! I'm so excited for my boy to get here! I can't wait lol! But I wish the Stork was real! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->