How many of you had a completely natural birth?

I really want another natural birth if I get pregnant again, but I am worried about a similar pregnancy/labor/birth....I am actually scared for a repeat.

I had a LONG labour slow progress transfer from BC to hospitla, synto, AROM, pethadine, epi, EMCS with spinal in theatre alone and only 30 minutes in recovery with hubby.

2nd time planned HBAC, laboured well not even GnA until 9cm, no fuss no muss awesome time...had to trasfer for delivery because of a few blood loss concerns but all was well not a single stitch needed, got skin to skin for an hour before he was even weighed.

Lightening tends not to strike the same place twice.

Oh good I'm glad cuz I do NOT want another shit pregnancy and labor

Yeah. I was in and out of labor for 4 months or so, I have a 'highly irritable uterus,' unborn baby and doctor and the wind set off contractions, :rofl:,

Baby had IUGR and an umbilical cord deformity.

I ended up on bedrest most of the pregnancy.

Threatened miscarriage early on in the pregnancy

A few random bleeds.

Baby came a month early, even though I was on meds 4 times a day to stop labor and had multiple hospital visits for shots and IVs and a few times they almost didn't stop labor.

Baby was very small but thankfully never hit NICU

I had only TENs with second youngest; and it stopped working by the point where it mattered anyway, it wasn't my choice it was down to the home birth midwives being careless and not checking they had the mouthpiece adaptor for the cylinder-while the experience didn't kill me it was quite traumatic. With my youngest now I had to have gas and air again, he was in a very odd position sideways facing-I did give birth to him almost completely unassisted though because the midwives went out of the room and I started involuntarily pushing him out, when they came in his head and shoulders were out. To be honest I'd' rather do it that way next time, I tore less badly than with any of my other labours and it seemed I knew better when to push than the midwives with my other babies xx

At Hot tea, I had 2 completely drug free births. The first one was OP and labour was 36 hrs long but i stuck to my guns and stayed at home, mostly sat in the bath and though there were points where I considered asking the mw to bring me gas and air I resisted as I was worried it would lead onto other pain relief and I really believed I could do it without, I asked them to bring the g&a with them but leave it in their car so it wouldn't be so tempting, if I could see it in the corner of the room I would have defo tried it.
With no 2 my contractions stayed at 12 mins apart until I had 2 at just 1 minute apart then I pushed him out in 2 contractions. I managed to fall asleep sat on the floor with my arms holding the birth ball (god knows how I managed that) between each 12 min contraction...i then counted backwards throught the contraction from 60 and it really took my mind off the pain and made them seem totally bearable. Also the midwife was still on the phone for her back up mw in my living room when I pushed him out on all 4s in the bathroom into my partners hands....proper natural haha!!
Don't understand why the thread got nasty and sooo long. It was a simple enough question!!

theres a huge difference between "Natural" and "drug free" i think the OP was asking about "drug free" not "Natural" birth as Natural depends very much on the mothers view of things an if people ask if i had my GIANT boys naturally I say yes even though with both labours, i used Water, TENS and Gas and Air and was taking co-codamol at the begining stages of labour to manage my SPD pain to allow me to move, i was induced with ds2 as well but class it as a natural birth i class ds1 as a natural assisted birth as he was born with ventouse assistance. having been through birth 2wice i know what my aims are for this labour/birth and would love to get them but i know the reality of sometimes nessacary medical intervention too so i can mentally prepare myself better for all possibilitys knowing that ive researched what happens and the effects when things dont go to plan ,than i did with ds1 where i felt i was somewhat robbed of the Birth for months afterwards and suffered PND in silence for most of his first year.
Im all for drug free birth but what is most important for me is that mother and baby come out safe and the mother is not truamatised by her experience.

Me.

Although....I had my waters broken, so I guess that's an intervention.

My waters broke naturally about 15 minutes before she was born, as she started to crown....in the car... :rofl:

DS 1 and 2 completely natural and no pain relief, DS 3 induced due to pre-eclampsia but no pain relief.

Me :) I had a homebirth so had no options of the common interventions in the hospital. My MW left me and DH alone to labor how I wanted to and then I gave birth to ds2 standing up in my living room.

Very interesting thread. I came to read it as I am due in a week and two of my friends who recently had babies ended up having more pain relief and intervention than they were planning. This has made me wonder if the drug-free home birth I am hoping for is a naive and unrealistic idea. So I came to read this for reassurance that some people do manage it.

I don't look down on anyone who doesn't and I obviously don't know yet how I'll manage. My friends both had very good reasons to have the interventions they had - I'm just hoping that I can manage without pain relief and wanted to read about others who have.

Me. I laboured at home, alone for 3 hours, then with my husband for 1 hour, then 2 hours including pushing with midwives. No intervention at all. Fingers crossed for a repeat experience next time.

I had a 4 hour labour with no intervention. It was a lovely experience x

I have had two intervention free births, but they were both very different. DS1 was a planned homebirth but undiagnosed breech and we were transferred to hospital. No pain meds, no episiotomy, and had a vaginal breech birth, despite the doctors. DS2 was a planned unassisted birth, and it was awesome :thumbup:

Oh I'd love a natural birth next time but I just couldn't do it this time. I was determined to go med free but after 36 hours of latent labour (slept for around 5 hours maybe during those 3 days) I'd had enough and when I was offered pethidine I took it. When I was transferred down to delivery I immediately grabbed the gas and air as pethidine did nothing for me. Though all gas and air did was freak me out (was awesome to have when I was being stitched up though. My established labour was only 3 hours 2 minutes (57 minutes pushing) so I hope next time I skip the latent phase and go straight to established (I wish!!).

I really wanted a waterbirth but wasn't allowed one because of my complications. Before I went down to delivery though I had a bath on the maternity ward (and 1 at home) and they did nothing for me so I guess it's a good thing I didn't get to have a waterbirth :lol:

I had a natural birth with dd however I was 6 cm when I found out I was in labor with her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->