how many ounces should LO be taking?

ladymilly

proud mammy
Reaction score
just wondered how many ounces Jack should be taking now? at the moment he is taking on average 3 and a half to 4 ounces and he is 5 and a half weeks old. is this ok?

Sounds fine to me. Hannah was taking about that much at that age (although each baby is different :D) As long as he's happy and seems satisfied I wouldn't worry

Just offer more if he starts to drain the bottle, up by another 1oz :)

Sound perfect! :)
I agree with Mamafy,if he wants more it's safe to up the dose by an oz.

Lola-Rose is 2 weeks younger and is having 3oz every 3-4 hours.

oh my lo is taking 4/5oz every 3/4 hours :S am i over feeding him?

Jack is taking 4 or 5oz every 4 or 5 hours. Every child is different. I wouldn't worry too much as long as they are putting weight on.

My LO takes about 5 oz every four hours. She was taking 6oz every five hours but then she got ill and stopped eating altogether - now she's gone down to more frequent feeds with less quantity.

oh my lo is taking 4/5oz every 3/4 hours :S am i over feeding him?

some babies do take more, they need more. As long as your LO seems content and happy and isn't spitting up a lot of the bottle I wouldn't worry about it :D

Caitlin was between 2-4oz every 3 hours

Very fussy she is ...still is lol

If she drinks 3 make up 4 etc :D

maddi too was on 4oz at that age, but i agree with vickie, if LO is statisfed then don't worry to much, i agree with mamafy if he starts draining it/wanting more try up it an oz. maddi always seems to let us no when she ready to go up an oz :) and i'm sure your LO will too, they kinda let you no :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->