• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How many pieces of toast for 9 month old?

LeoLeah77

Mommy to Ava Rose
Reaction score
I just gave her two rounds of toast and she's almost ate it all. But I think maybe I gave her too much... Such a random thread but really wanted to know. Don't want to over feed her and get her too chunky but don't wanna under feed her either! I'm pretty good with measurements of her food in her bowl but not when it comes to finger food.

If my LO has toast for breakfast, I'll just give her one slice and a whole banana with it. I've never given her two slices of toast, I don't think she'd finish it but I don't think it's way too much either.

I have no justification for it, but I try to stick to no more than two slices of bread a day. Ds loves toast too, but bread can have a bit of salt in it.

LO is 8 months and will eat 2 slices - crusts off and cut into soldiers! I use the small loaves tho!

I only ever offer one slice of toast because I like him to fill up on a variety of items such as fruit veg and protein in any given meal.

Wow - my baby is ten months almost, and eats two thin soldiers - about 1/3 of a slice - that's it. And she's on the 97th percentile for weight and height. I thought her weight must have been because she was a big eater - seems she doesn't eat much at all compared to other babies. I'd offer her more if she'd eat it but she won't eat a mouthful more than she wants!

Same here my almost 10 month old only has half a slice cut into 3 small pieces!

at that age i only gave her half a slice a day max. one slice of bread is almost their max salt allowance a day ( they can have 1gram & most breads have .7grams per slice) x

at that age i only gave her half a slice a day max. one slice of bread is almost their max salt allowance a day ( they can have 1gram & most breads have .7grams per slice) x

Thanks for that, for some reason I thought they could have 2 slices! Will make sure on days when Robyn has toast for breakfast, she doesn't have a sandwich for lunch!

Thanks for that, for some reason I thought they could have 2 slices! Will make sure on days when Robyn has toast for breakfast, she doesn't have a sandwich for lunch!

thats exactly what i do. Also watch out for the salt in the butter , i swap to jam occasionally instead.

My 19 month old wouldnt even eat 2 slices!

If he eats one slice I would be happy!

As mentioned above, for under age 1, 2 slices of bread is likely to take you over the max salt intake per day, so I would only offer 1 slice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->