How many times a day are they meant to have a dirty nappy?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Deb_baby, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Deb_baby

Deb_baby Megan Mummy & NTNP

this may be tmi and I apologize now of it is...

Yesterday megan had plenty of wet nappies but only 1 dirty one which was a major explosion all over her, my sol and me and it was bright orange!

Tonight has been the same plenty of wet nappies but only one dirty one and it was explosion again except this time it was bright green and (TMI) had the smell of chicken!weird I know,

How many times a day should they get a proper dirty nappy? I will add that I am formula feeding her too.

2. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

It depends on the baby and changes as they get older. At that age Hannah was every day to day and a half, although sometimes she went as long as 3 days. Now it's like 3 times a day :lol:

Green poo is completely normal for a FF baby, as are yellow poos, not sure about the orange though

3. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom Guest

Sometimes they can go for day without a dirty nappy (when they're younger) Grace sometimes has 3 dirty nappies in a day and the next she won't have any :shrug:

4. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

I was told sometimes they can go up to a week between dirty nappies, and all babies are different. Just look out for what is normal for you. Niamh has one dirty nappy a day, sometimes every other day :)

5. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

Are you BF or FF? For BF they can go days without doing anything though our baby used to poo all day long! Now he's older he usually poos twice a day, morning after his first feed and mid afternoon. Usually!

BF babies have orangy poos. If they are green and watery, maybe with bits, then that's diarrhoea, but runny orange poos are normal.

6. keelykat

keelykat Guest

Elliot used to do one massive explosive nappy a day! And then it gradually changed, he then went on to doing a couple of less explosive ones. Then once we started weaning obviously they get firmer and he still does several during the day which is easier then one big nappy!

7. embojet

embojet Molly and Ethan's Mummy

Molly only used to go every other day, now it seems to be twice a day. i was told that as long as it doesn't seem painfukl when they do go it doesn't matter.

8. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

Deb hun i posted earlier in March thread exact same question lol .

Oscar only goes once a day sometimes only once every 3 days !! very strange , My other 2 went all day every day lol .
    When Oscar does go boy o boy he goes good literally all over the place in the nappy and out lol .
    I thought it was odd but hes in no pain or its not bothering him so i assume its normal .

xxxxxxxxxxx

9. claire-lou

claire-lou Jack & Martha's Mummy

Jack does about once a day if I'm lucky but it's usually yellow and formed but very soft to touch. Sorry if TMI