How many weeks did you get to with your first?

Jft1

Reaction score
Just out of interest, how many weeks were you when you had your first? Did you go naturally, get induced..?
I'm only curious because most people I've spoken to say you tend to go a bit later with your first. But this baby is already engaged and I don't see me hitting 40 weeks so I'd love to hear your experiences!

41 weeks + 2 days. That’s 9 days overdue!

Went naturally but doctors said at my next appointment which was the Monday (went into earl yesterday labour Saturday & had him 5:00am Monday) they were going to send me right to the hospital for induction if I was still pregnant.

39+4. Went into hosptial at 8:30pm at 39+3 which green discharge after ringing triage. They asked me to come up as it sounded like he'd pooed.
Got to the hospital and I was 2cm dilated. Hooked me up to the monitors to check his heart beat. Ended up having a cat 1 section at 12:16am at 39+4.

DS- 36wks csection unplanned
Dd1- 36wks csection unplanned
Dd2- 40wks VBA2C induced
Baby- hopefully 40wks vb!

Naturally at 38+3. Started losing mucus plug at exactly 38 weeks, same day had a high nesting feeling.
Was admitted at 38+2 at 7pm, and delivered exactly 24 hours later at 7pm.
(I still love telling that story even after 8 years)..

Water broke at 39+4, he was born 39+5 :)

It's amazing how different everyone's experiences are. I've been super crampy the past few days with lower back ache, so I'm preparing myself for going quite close to 37 weeks, but who knows!

Went into labour on my due date but gave birth the next day, technically was induced as well as I wasn't dilating but labour did kick off itself.

I went into labor naturally at 40+6 and finally had DS by emergency c-section at 41 weeks.

I went naturally and had her at 40+3 <3

It's amazing how different everyone's experiences are. I've been super crampy the past few days with lower back ache, so I'm preparing myself for going quite close to 37 weeks, but who knows!
I got lower back ache around every ten minutes at 35 +4 weeks. Lasted a couple of hours and we had a panic as OH was out of the country and he rushed to try and get a flight home. But when I called labour and delivery they said this sounds like “2 weeks pains”, and said often 2 weeks before you go into labour baby gets into position. Lo and behold 2 weeks later I went into labour!!

1st son: 41+0, natural birth
2nd son: 40+4, soft induction

I’m pretty sure our 2nd would stay in there for a couple more days if not forced out though. But in my country they don’t induce before 41+4 unless there’s a medical reason to do it (as inductions more often lead to c sections) so I’m always amazed when reading how BnB ladies schedule them

Other than that, I’ve been told first child engages quicker while all following don’t even necessarily even engage until birth begins.

1st son: 41+0, natural birth
2nd son: 40+4, soft induction

I’m pretty sure our 2nd would stay in there for a couple more days if not forced out though. But in my country they don’t induce before 41+4 unless there’s a medical reason to do it (as inductions more often lead to c sections) so I’m always amazed when reading how BnB ladies schedule them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->