How much do you change your diet when pregnant?

Kmx

Reaction score
Just wondering what others diets are like. Obviously I assume most people cut out the foods that are off limits for safety reasons - but just wondering how much others cut out for health reasons.

My standard diet is a bit of eat what I like i.e snacks chocolate and takeaway once a week but I'll also go on a health kick every few weeks where I cut all junk out and only snack on fruit and veg.

Now I'm peegnant im trying to eat healthy only. But do you allow yourself a few snacks and takeaways still? Do you make sure you get your 5 a day?

This is my first. I've been trying to add in fruits and veggies more, and I cut out all the no-no stuff (deli meats, unpasteurized products, etc) but I still ordered pizza the other night and had Chinese food for New Year's Eve. If I cut out everything that's not good, I would probably be very stressed. I would say, do the best you can, as long as McDonald's isn't breakfast lunch and dinner... And you are getting all your nutrients, take out isn't going to hurt once in a while :)

My diet doesn't change too much beyond cutting back some of my caffeine and switching to non-alcoholic drinks. I still eat my pizza, chocolate, and cravings if I want them. I use MyFitnessPal to track my calorie consumption, so as long as I'm under my calorie goal for the day I'm happy. :)

Only gained 7 lbs so far this pregnancy, and it was all from Thanksgiving to Christmas and my mother's delicious cooking. :haha: I've been back to calorie counting and exercising and haven't gained anything new in the last two weeks, despite having a chocolate cake before bed every night.

I've cut caffeine out almost completely, I've cut out sweets and reduced unhealthy snacks a lot, the rest of my diet has been changed by food aversions.

Other than cutting out alcohol and excessive amount of caffeine and things like runny eggs and pate, I didn't really change my diet at all. We do eat pretty healthy anyway. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was mostly vegetarian, but did eat some fish occasionally, so I just kept eating how I always had. We eat lots of fruit and veg and not a whole lot of processed food. But honestly, I was really off food in general for a lot of my pregnancy and didn't have much of an appetite, so if it did appeal to me, I didn't hold back on eating it. I never got cravings or got a ravenous appetite or ate more than usual. So pretty much whatever it was, if I did want it, it was probably pretty normal, so I ate it. We don't eat many takeaways anyway (nearest takeaway is 30 minutes away!), but I didn't avoid them either. I don't eat much sweet stuff normally because it doesn't really appeal to me, but when I was pregnant with my daughter, I loved fruit, so I ate a lot of fruit and I'm sure there was some cake in there too somewhere, but not loads of it.

I cut out caffeine, but that was all I changed. I don't drink alcohol even when not pregnant. My OB told me to eat as usual and that's what I did, even the some of the so called no no's such a deli meats. I did eat takeaways more than usual bc I went thru an intensive craving for a particular fast food, but other than that I ate a variety of everything I suppose.

when i first found out i was eating extremely healthy. now I'm eating whatever i can keep down and doesn't make me sick just by thinking about it

I eat the same as usual. Not particularly healthy at times but it's not something I really think about.

Mix up of home cooked meals, takeaways, snacks :)

I just make a consious effort ti cut back on caffeine sugar and eat more fruit for snacks. Otherwise I still make our usuals, eat a varied diet but still treat myself to the odd takeaway. I eat smoked salmon, goats cheese and runny eggs. Everything in moderation

I reduce my caffeine intake to one coffee a day and cut out pate entirely but I've had a bit of Brie recently (totally forgot!)

Aside from that, j try hard to be as healthy as possible but like my last pregnancy, all I want to eat is bread and salty meat products! X

Oh please, I eat whatever I want when I want! Lol just because I'm pregnant didn't make me change my eating habits. Bad enough I could barely keep anything down from weeks 4.5 to 14...I take a prenatal for baby and he takes what he needs from me
I did give up coffee seeing as I was having 3 cups a day. I still have tea and chocolate which has caffeine but such small amounts.
I've had deli meat and semi runny eggs a few times but try to be mindful of avoiding these, and alcohol was never an issue for me but clearly I don't consume alcohol or smoke.
I've only gained 6lbs at 20 weeks so I'm not worried. Baby boy is growing just perfectly!

This is my sixth pregnancy so I admit I'm not as cautious about eating as I was with my first. With her I avoided deli meats completely, raw milk/eggs, didn't drink caffein or even caffein free soda and I ate as healthy as I could, hardly any takeout. I also didn't suffer from morning sickness with her so I could eat whatever I wanted. With my DS it was a whole different ballpark because I was sicker than a dog with him and so I couldn't keep to the same strict diet as I did with my first. I ate a lot of lunch meat with him and drank a lot of tea because that was all my stomach could tolerate (the tea had some caffein in it but not as much as pop). This time I eat lunch meat and takeout once a week and drink tea occasionally. Other than that I didn't change my diet too much. TV dinners are my best friend when I'm nauseated and cannot cook. I was always a teetotaler so alcohol was never an issue, nor do I smoke.

I don't, eat rubbish mostly, I'll be honest. It's usually crap, whatever I can keep down in the early weeks.

I still eat runny eggs and mayo as long as the eggs are in date and bought from reputable companies.

Don't eat any of the other stuff were not suppose to because I don't like it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->