How much do you spend on your gas and electric?

£30 gas, £15 electric a week. Both meters.

2 adults, 3 kids in a 2 bedroomed house (which is tiny)

Thank you for all of your replies :) this thread has given me some comfort that I'm not going to be too skint! Ha x

£ 100 pm but we owe £600 :(:( they wanted to up it to £200 but we told them we dont have it and they were ok with that. We left the immersion on aince the day we bought the place (we had no idea what that was) and apparantly its the equivalant of boiling a kettle constantly for a year. Now weve turned that off I pray itl come down (probs wont sonce winters coming)

What's an immersion? You poor thing!

I just bit the bullet and entered my meter readings online to get my bill. From now on the bills are all mine. I was comforted by the fact it asked me to enter a reason why my usage was so low. Lets hope I can keep it this way :)

We pay about £70 on gas per quarter and about £120 on Elec per quarter. Another £100 on gas on the winter quarter for heating.

There's two of us, and the tortoise uva/uvb lights that are on 24/7
We live in a 2bedroom buneglow, but tbh our bills have been pretty similar to the last two places we lived which were a big 2 bed, with massive bathroom and large rooms downstairs, and a smaller two-up two-down.

Our bills are higher with two separate suppliers (one being British gas) and we got better prices doing a duel bill, but can't be bothered to switch.

I can't imagine that your bills would be massive if you're alone and working. x

I just bit the bullet and entered my meter readings online to get my bill. From now on the bills are all mine. I was comforted by the fact it asked me to enter a reason why my usage was so low. Lets hope I can keep it this way :)
Im not actually to sure haha, I think its the type of boiler I have it constantly heating the water (I could be wrong) we might be cheaper to buy a new boiler tbh

Im not actually to sure haha, I think its the type of boiler I have it constantly heating the water (I could be wrong) we might be cheaper to buy a new boiler tbh

Its basically turning your boiler on to heat water. This shouldnt cost a fortune though. As if on and off it has to heat a full tank but if left on it only heats the water used.

We only moved in in August but so far £50 a month for both. Dread to think what it's going to be in winter. Mid terrace, 3 floors, 5 bedrooms two floors not double glazed. The heatingn is staying off as long as possible!

I live in a 3 bed town house with hubby and my 5 month old.. On prepayment meters for both and it costs me £25 per week electric and £10 per week gas but the gas is likely to go up to around £30 per week when it gets colder. It's costing us a fortune :(

Wow, that is a lot for just the 3 of you. Do you have your heating on much?

it about £100 a month for both for a 2 bed with 2 adults and soon to be 2 kids.

We have started to be more energy efficient - energy saving bulbs, washing machine is on a timer to go on at night when it cheaper, we have had the loft insulated and have insulated some of the exterior walls. we are also in the process of getting a new A rated boiler, and putting new thermal underlay under the carpets up stairs. (although that only because were decorating any way - so thought might as well try say some energy esp as our house SOO cold in the winter).

we also got a smart meter fitted by British Gas - and have to say it really opened up how much we spend, made me be more vigilant with what needs to be on and when.

80€ a month for our electric. Heating is including in our rent so that's pretty good for us. I do about 3-4 loads of washing a week and my energy sucking computer is on all the time, along with OHs energy sucking computer too. We were paying 50€ but this wasn't enough and we owed just under 300€ a few months back so they upped it to 80€.

Wow, that is a lot for just the 3 of you. Do you have your heating on much?

I don't know if this comment was meant for me or not but if it was... I haven't had the heating on since about March time. The £10 per week gas is just for hot water.

We top up using a key and put about £15- £20 a week on our electric.
Its just me, my oh and Isabelle Ina 2 bed apartment
Everything in our home is electric we don't have any gas at all.

£80 a month DD for 3 bed semi. I got a massive over payment back though a few months ago of about £200ish. I am careful with what we use but if were cold heating defo goes on and washing gets done etc :) x

This thread appears every few months. :lol:
£30 gas and £30 electric a month. x

110 combined via direct debit, dual fuel supplier predicts that would put us in credit to cover lots of dryer & heating use over the winter 2 adults 2 children 2 bedroom house

We moved in to our place in april and paid 80 a month for both which they have cut to 37 a month as we are in credit. Am saving up extra though as i know will be more like 80-100 over winter a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->