How much do you spend on your gas and electric?

Broody85

Reaction score
And who lives with you? What size is your house/flat? And do you think you use a lot of energy?

I have recently started living alone and I'm a bit worried I'm going to run up a massive bill :wacko: I work 4-5 nights a week so that probably saves massively on heating bills and g&e from the TV and cooking etc. but I feel guilty every time I put the heating on thinking it is going to cost a fortune. I lived with my OH for about 4 months before he moved away and we have only ever had one bill (I need to give them a meter reading!) and before this I lived with my parents, so I'm clueless :dohh:

Ours averages itself out to about £100 per month over the year.

We live in a 3 bed semi, 2 adults, 2 children. We are not energy efficient in the slightest, have the TV on, also have something on charge. I work 3 days a week, DH works 4 shifts a week.

We spend 90 a month on gas and electric and are around £100 in credit. We have a 3 bed bungalow with my oh me and our daughter. Someone at home all day though the way our shifts work.

Get ready to gasp.. £220 a month between the two. More in winter, little less in summer.. But this is our fixed DD.

Three adults, one 21 month old.

Here's why: 5 bedrooms, three bathrooms, big living room (2 radiators) two hallways, dining room, children's toy room, laundry room. Oh and kitchen ofc.

X

£40 on electric prepayment building it up for xmas... boiler is currently broke so not sure yet x

I have a 3 bed semi house which is huge also!!

I pay £98 per month direct debit for both. That is for an average sized 3 bed house. Something is always on charge but I am conscious of turning off plugs when not in use.

I pay my electric quarterly and looking back at bills it ranges from £145 average in summer and £180-200 in winter. I don't have gas heating I have an oil central heating with a tank which costs a fortune to fill

I can't believe how cheap some peoples gas and electric is..

We spend easily £200 as our direct debit. Obviously we are in credit in the summer but it evens out over the winter. We live in a largeish 4 bed house. Its old though (1780) so it isn't very well insulated.

Electric costs 6 cents per kWh. My last bill that just came is a tenner but I think that was adjusting for me paying too much in the summer. I usually pay around 30-40 euros a month and live in a 60 square metre apartment with crappy (by Finnish standards) heating and insulation and only double glazed windows.

£175 per month, just about to go up to £210 as we have a debit balance even after the summer months.

4 bed, 2 adults & 2 kids. We have a tumble dryer and the house is never cold, but I don't think our usage is excessive.

Ours is £170 DD a month for gas and electric. 3 bed detached with 2 adults and 3 young children. x

£130 a month DD, dual fuel. 2 adults, 1 child.

2 bed end of terrace cottage which leaks energy and large dual aspect rooms with open fireplace and a DH who is crap at turning anything off!!

I've just moved into a new house which as an old 'two up, two down' Victorian house and quite large with high ceilings. At the moment there is only the two of us (number three will arrive shortly). We're on duel fuel and the DD has been set up for £125 a month and will be revised after six months.

$220 a moth on electric and $75 on gas. We live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath home with central heat and air. It's still in the high 80's and low 90's so we still run the ac.

Was £89 a month for both. But lasted bill showed were in £260 credit. So its been dropped to £47 for both per month

2 adults, 1 2-yr old. 3bed in a row of 4 houses. Were 3rd in the line. But house is very new, just under 2years old

£50 a month for both. 2 bed- 2 adults 1 child

Were in a brand new house though (finished in January) and we are the middle house in a row of 3.

I'm hoping this will go down though as i've just started working full time so the TV and heating won't be on all day

I love how cheap fueling a newbuild is :D

We're on pay as we go, 2 bed fairly big terraced house. I put on £10 week each on gas and electric but use about half of it, saving it up for winter x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->