how much does dinner at a restaurant cost?

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
just wondering how much it costs in different areas??

we went out for my birthday last night to a restaurant that was always a nice restaurant and a decent price, just a little italian in the village. our village is now over-run with posh types and wine bars and footballers, so everything's gone dead expensive :dohh:

at this place, pizza and pasta (which we had) were a decent price, like you'd expect anywhere. i had spag bol cos i'd been saying all week you cant beat spag bol from an italian!!

if you wanted something else, you were paying in the region of £20! chicken in a sauce was £20 - how the hell can they justify that?! ok fillet steak and stuff was £20, which isnt so bad, but 20 quid for chicken in a sauce?! :shock:

my dad was outraged when i told him, as was my sister - my mum didnt think it was that bad tho! (her exact words were "you're only 21 once"). but seriosuly, i just couldnt justify spending that much on something i could make myself for less than a fiver!!

so what does eating out cost near you??

Just looked online for menus for places in my old hometown, and chicken in sauce is around £12, so £20 does seem quite a lot. It definately depends a lot on the place though, some places will charge over the odds for 'atmosphere'.

For a normal lunch, like a Zizzis or something, we are normally £35 including one drink each. For an evening, somewhere like Chez Gerards we would usually be looking at about £80.

If we go to our favourite place for one of our birthdays and anniversary each year, it has been as much as £220 BUT that is a real rarity and a huge treat for us and the food and wine is out of this world.

We are much the same as you, living in a very affluent town fileld with millionaires does make it tough sometimes to just grab a nice, cheapish meal - we don't even have a fast food place here!

xxx

for a 3 course meal in a 5 * restaurant for 2 people is about 2000 rupees, which is about 23 pounds!

We tend to eat at chain places, well, usually Pizza Express. There aren't many restaurants in Crawley that we eat at so I don't really know. In Bolton we'd go to the all you can eat Tapas place for £10 or we'd go to the all you can eat buffets in Manchester. For a nice meal out at a restaurant I'd probably pay up to £5-7 for a starter and up to £15 for a main. But then I'm vegetarian so it tends to be a basic pizza or pasta dish, I know meat can be really expensive.

Gosh that sounds expensive..... there is a nice Italian in Urmston and I think a proper meal such as venison/steak in sauce with seasonal veg is about £13-15

I know most places i've been to recently a meal for 2 would be around £25-35 thats with a drink each too. Been out in Manchester/Liverpool/Derby/Barnsley

It would ghave to be somehwere well posh for me to pay upwards of £20 per head for a main dish.

when we go out to our fav posh restaurant (a chinese) we normally pay around £100 for the two of us, which now-a-days with maddi is quite enough. i would say that sounds about right for some of the restaurants we've been to round here, though i now prefer a good old lunch at a chain now with maddi than going out at night :blush:

it is disgusting what they can charge these days!

i think had it been a different restaurant it wouldnt have shocked me as much, but this is a little family run restaurant thats been around years - as long as i can remember!

Depends really. 2 of us could get fed for £30 at the chinese buffet (which is scurmmy and omg i havent been for ages :() or we could go out to a restaurant and spend £80-100 (which is very rare these days!)

when me and oh go in sale to eat it costs around £40 for 2 courses without drinks but i recently went into manchester withmy mum to treat her to a meal and we ended up on king st it cost me £120 for lunch and all i had was soup and a stteak and kidney pudding main and she has kidneys for starter and the same main as me, we also had a coke each
the place wasnt even that nice it was kind of underground, i should have realised though when they didnt have prices on the menu

My favourite restaurant costs us about £120 for a three course meal for the two of us, but most places round here that are half decent are about £10-15 for a main course xxx

when me and oh go in sale to eat it costs around £40 for 2 courses without drinks but i recently went into manchester withmy mum to treat her to a meal and we ended up on king st it cost me £120 for lunch and all i had was soup and a stteak and kidney pudding main and she has kidneys for starter and the same main as me, we also had a coke each
the place wasnt even that nice it was kind of underground, i should have realised though when they didnt have prices on the menu

That's ridiculous :s Sorry but how can they justify charging you that much for 2 pies and some soup :shock: Not as if either cost much to make :shrug:

whenever me & OH go out to dinner the bill is usually in the region of £20-35

tomorrow we planning on going to Loch Fyne seafood restaurant & i want the lobster :p
i only get half which is £15 & whole is £30
but i suspect OH will get it as well.
so all in all, that will be an expensive meal for us!

our bills normally come in at about £20-£30 for food and a drink each!! Im gutted if we spend more than say £35!!!

Usually when we go out here its never anymore than £40 for the both of us to have a main and a starter/desert and 2/3 drinks each.

Gosh that sounds expensive..... there is a nice Italian in Urmston and I think a proper meal such as venison/steak in sauce with seasonal veg is about £13-15

I know that restaraunt, The Italian Job, I love it there. I love the steak and sauces or even the Calzone, yummy!

If I go to the Trafford Centre for a chinese meal it costs around £50 with drink and usually about 6 courses for that!

omg the loch fyne restaurant!! so jealous, i really want to go! should have said i wanted to go there instead actually! i've actually been to loch fyne when i was a kid and the restaurant there was bleedin amazin!

we have a place called jimmy chungs here its a chinesse buffet, && for the whole buffet (which includes starters mains and dessert) and for as many visits as you like its around £12 xx

We pay about £15 for BOTH of us where we live for a nice restaurant or pub including drinks.

At a local 5* hotel, we'd pay about £30 in total for BOTH us us again, for a couple of courses and a drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->