How much does drinking affect bbt?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I know some women get lower temps or higher temps when they drink the night before, and I mean 3+ drinks. But can it affect temps by over half a degree?

I went out last night bummed that my temp started dropping. By the pattern from my last three cycles, my temp this morning should have been around 97.9. Lo and behold, it was 98.69. HPT was negative.

I went to bed at 10:30 (normal), woke up on my own at 5:30 (normal), and had the same everything else. The only difference was that I had about 8 shots of 20% and a glass of beer. I was definitely tipsy, but not intoxicated. I know the last and only time I drank like this while temping was the night I ovulated and my temp was a false high, but I was very drunk and didn't go to bed until 4am and still temped at 5:45. So I am not sure what to make of today's temp.

Thanks for your input!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-29-05-50-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-29-05-50-27.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 3
Everything I checked said it affects it definitely, and especially at higher amts.
The more you drink the greater the change.
It is due to your body working while you sleep to detox the alcohol from your system, which can take 24 hrs or more if you drank alot.
Alcohol is processed at .015 per hour...so it takes a lot longer to be fully removed than when we stop feeling the efects.
It's recommended that you either document the temp as alcohol intake or disgard.
Just keep in mind if you drink again the day after, and your body has not made it back to 0...the next drinks tack on to what was still remaining in your system.
Glad you took some time to destress tho...I think we all stress more than anything over TTC when we all know stress doesn't help lol.
Hope you and the toilet aren't buddies today:haha:

Last time I had a few drinks my temp was through the roof! Definatley has an effect

Thanks ladies! I am totally fine. Been up and about, got my hair highlighted and straightened, bugged SO to cuddle during his work break. I also ate a loooooot. All you can eat Korean bbq. I'm surprised I am even hungry today, especially starving! My tummy just rumbled haha. I did check drinking in FF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->