How much EBM for a feed?

tokyo_c

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I will be leaving my daughter with my husband this coming weekend as I'm getting a haircut and straightening (first in over a year, yay!) and so I need to make sure we have enough for him to do a couple of feeds. I have 4 x 80ml packs in the freezer (somewhere between 2.5 and 3oz each) but I have no idea how much she'll need for each feed.

I'll feed her before I go but I reckon he'll feed her at least twice while I'm away, so will that be enough? For those of you that express, how much do you give at a time? LO is 11 weeks old now, and feeds every 1.5-2.5 hours during the day. I'll try and get another few packs filled this week but just in case.. and it would be handy to know as a general rule how much people give each time!

id plan to leave 3oz for each feed you leave hun she might not drink it all but better to have excess than not enough, and get your OH to give it slowly taking breaks every 15-20ml or so caus she wont be used to the fastflow from the bottle teat

Thanks :) She hasn't had a bottle since we were giving her top-ups after she lost a lot of her birth weight so it's good you reminded me of that! She's pretty windy/spitty uppy as it is so we'll need to be extra vigilant about burping her too I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->