How much for your rent/mortgage?

We pay around 470€ for our 3 bedroom flat (roughly £420 give or take a few). We don't need the third bedroom so we've turned it into an office. Our heating and water is included in the rent (about 90€ a month heating allowance and unlimited water). We don't have council tax here either (thank god). We live right in the heart of Germany in a little town, it's lovely here, nice and peaceful.

Never realized rents were so high!

I am in East Anglia

We live in a 21 year old mid terraced house 3 beds with garage and garden worth around £145,000 and we pay £254 mortgage a month We always try to over pay a bit each month if we can. Its over 23 years now but if we pay more we can try and get the term down-well that's the theory anyway!

xxxx

We live just out of Manchester and we pay £300 a month for our one bedroom flat. We're hoping to move soon to a 2 bedroom house with a garden where the rent is £550, taking a while though to save the 1100 deposit :( x

I paid 550 for a 2 bed flat in birmingham, now I live back at moms.. when I move into my council house it will.be £80 a week rent a on a 2 bed house

We own a four bedroom end terrace in Glasgow with a mortgage of £450 pm. But we are currently renting a 3 bedroom semi detached in Aberdeen for £750 pm.

We pay £428 for a brand new 2 bed apartment, private road with own carpark with 2 spaces, in a rural village, its rented from a housing assosiation/ council , 2 bed flat like this privately renting would be around £750-800 PCM!

Our house was a 2 bed semi when we bought it but we have extended so is now a 4 bed (and we are going to have to extend the extention for our new addition :haha:) It needed alot of updating when we bought it. It is in a quiet area, small town, with a large garden.

Our mortgage is £720 interest only, so repayment will be in the £1000 region Id have thought- we have to switch to repayment soon.

Oh and I live in Cumbria, just outside the Lake District.

We pay £500 rent for 2 bedroom flat in Dundee, but I have friends and family who have mortgages for flats/ houses for a lot less. We just can't get the deposit saved :nope: to buy. I HATE paying soooo much into some else's pocket!

:shock: Some of these prices are insane!

Luckily I still live with my parents, but we're in a 3 bed house which is just over £300 a month.

My OH pays £125 a month on his mortgage for a semi-detatched, new build, 4 bed, 3 storey with a large garden and a garage. He was fortunate enough to be able to pay a big chunk of it though. But even still it would be so much cheaper to pay than some of these, had he not paid so much to begin with :shock:

im in a 2 bed flat with a communal garden, which we dont use because its allways full of cat shit. in Aldershot Hampshire.
£700 pcm.

I pay 596 euros a month for a one bedroom apartment, that includes heating, water and a weekly turn in the sauna. Its a small town, the apartment is near the centre (10 min walk) and is in the "rough" area (not really rough compared to rough areas in the UK but for small town Finland its rough)

I pay £500 rent pcm for a three bedroomed house in an ok part of wolverhampton. Would love to buy but can't get the deposit together. I have lived here five years now and love it.

We have a detached large 4 bed house with large gardens, mortgage is about £1200 a month but we put down a large deposit, we are in a village between York and Leeds

the rent/mortgage ratio is ridiculous!

I pay just under £450 for the mortgage on our old 2 bedroom house in Hampshire.
I rent it out for £750 which is considered to be just UNDER the average rent for that sort of property in the area!!

I now live in a 4 bedroom semi detached house about 1 mile from my old house and the mortgage is £1300 a month.

£1150 pcm for a 3 bed semi with garden. Brighton is really expensive, we used to pay £600 for a top floor one bed flat in central hove!

Whitchurch, Shropshire - £575 pcm for a 3 bedroom semi detached house with front and back garden and gated driveway. It's beautiful, going to try and entice the owners to sell it to me!!

£1150 pcm for a 3 bed semi with garden. Brighton is really expensive, we used to pay £600 for a top floor one bed flat in central hove!

Hellooooo fellow Brighton resident - doesn't seem to be many of us on here!

650 for a three bed semi front and back gardens in edinburgh. Very cheap! for private lets here

I think the mortgage is around £1000/month. Rent would probably be more like £1300. The house is a 3 bedroom mid-terrace with a small garden in a good area. We're in S/SW London, somewhere in the middle of Sutton, Croydon and Mitcham (some not very nice areas there but it's nice here, honest!). We're an hour's commute into London but it involves several changes and some unreliable trains.

Before we moved we were in a decent sized ex-council 1 bedroom second floor flat (balcony, attic space, nice areas around) with a mortgage of around £800/month. It would have rented for about £900/month. There, we were still an hour away from the city but it was a short bus ride to the Northern Line so it was an easy journey, if busy.

We're in the position where it would be cheaper to live away from London but OH works in an industry where you need to be in London really. The other possibility would be Edinburgh but that's about as bad.

I'm Northern too and prices here are just bloody stupid. My mum rents out the 5 bedroom family home in a great area up North for less than we would spend on a 2 bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->